• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Going to small claims court with faulty vehicle..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I'm not sure, neither of the salesmen I dealt with used their names, and the name of the account was the name of the company.

Is there any way to confirm that the listed company by the same name is the one that i dealt with? Perhaps reaching out to their listed accountants? Or some authority that can check details of the bank account I paid into?

I checked for similar/new dealerships on the same street and there's a lot of similar companies, some listed on the company house register, maybe i could look into them?

I could go to the office the dealer had but.. I'm not sure what good that would do?

Comment

If you used your debit card, doesn't your bank account show the name of the payee in full?

Comment

Unfortunately the bank account they used had the company's name, and it's the same name shown in my bank statements.

Google maps have redirected me to google business so they might come up with something to help, and the DVLA still haven't gotten back to me but that might help too

Only worry is it looks like the voluntary strike off happens about a week before our court case so it may be too late to recoup losses by then, do you know if I apply to inspect that company/suspend it's strike off on the basis it's the same name as the company I dealt with?

Or maybe request info from their bank?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X