• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car fault, dispute, shady legal consultancy and GDPR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get this garage to do the repair under warranty on my behalf, to which I will incur some cost towards, am I entitled to ask to for full transparency with such things as new engine cost, parts, etc, since I don't trust the cowboys. Or will that be assured by the warranty company anyways. I just don't want any hidden charges or costs for parts that don't reflect the cost they garage paid for them

Comment

If you are negotiating a settlement rather than initiating a court claim, you shoulsd insist on whatever conditions you think are appropriate.
      I doubt the warranty company will oversee the work. For them it is a numbers game and (as long as they are within their parameters) they will accept the garage's submissions. But you can always ask.

If you have lost confidence in the dealer does the warranty not allow you to use a different garage?
      Any extra cost you try reclaiming from the dealer.

Comment

They've just said the following:

Just a update I have managed to get a warranty claim authorised for the car , we are now in a position to proceed with a repair, we obviously need your authorisation to move forward, as stated there will be a excess and payment needed for extras which will not be covered etc
        Car will have a new timing belt and a engine service as part of the repair also

But what I want to be sure off is that if they pay £950 for new engine for example, that I don't get told it cost £1050, just so they can make some extra cash out of me.

I replied:

Please can you provide a break down for works detailing their price, including -

- What will be covered by the warranty

- A list of the extras that are not covered by the warranty and their cost

- What constitutes as excess and what's the cost applied

- is the engine service included at no additional cost?

Once I know what I'll be expected to cover, I'll be able to make an informed decision.

I just don't want to be taken for a mug

Comment

10 year old car .... presumably a replacement (not new) engine

I would want to be certain about the maximum of my contribution before agreeing, and what sort of warranty was there for the replacement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X