• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Validate - Oodle finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Validate - Oodle finance

Hello,

I have recently put my car in for a VT. The finance company have emailed me with the below:

Your Liability:
    In accordance with the section 100 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, your Voluntary Termination liability calculation is as follows:
    • Any arrears payable before you gave us notice to voluntary terminate; and
    Any remaining amount required to pay off 50% of the Total Amount Payable for the vehicle as set out in your agreement (once you’ve paid the arrears balance (if any).
    We also reserve the right to charge you any damages outside of fair wear and tear.

Your Voluntary Termination liability including arrears (if any) and remaining balance payable of the 50% figure is £ £0.00. Once the vehicle has been inspected and collected, we will be in touch to let you know whether you owe us any additional sums relating to failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle (we’ll send you a confirmation at that stage).

You are required to make the vehicle available for collection, as a Voluntary Termination means that you are no longer permitted to keep the vehicle.

Vehicle Collection:
    We will now instruct our recovery agent to collect your vehicle. They will be in touch to arrange a suitable time for you.

You will receive an email communication from VT Validate with a link to their web-based portal. This will allow you to complete a self-assessment of the vehicle’s condition. Following completion of this, based on the information provided, you will be provided with an estimated liability amount for damages.

Please ensure you remove all personal possessions from the vehicle before collection, as any personal items not removed when the vehicle is collected will only be kept for 30 days before they are disposed of. Please also remove any private registration plates and replace these with the original registration plates before the vehicle is collected. Should a vehicle be returned with private plates intact, these will be sold with the vehicle.

Please ensure you return all keys and the V5 document for the vehicle on collection. Failure to do so could result in additional charges being added to your liability.

I have read the T&C's (as have been doing research on here about signing things that waiver my rights) and they want me to agree to the below on the VT Validate appraisal...

By continuing with the use of the self-appraisal application, you confirm that you are the agreement holder. As per the terms and conditions of your agreement with the finance provider you understand that you are liable for any costs to make good damage to the vehicle which is in excess of fair wear and tear of the vehicle. You confirm that the information provided will be a true and accurate description of the vehicle at the time that you complete the self-appraisal. You understand and accept that any additional or subsequent damage that is found or occurs between the time of completing this self-appraisal and the date of collection will result in any associated costs being reassessed and added to any outstanding balance.

I have emailed the finance company back stating that I will not be agreeing to any T&C's and the vehicle is available for collection.

My question is, can they force me to sign away my rights, or if i provide a note for collection only, which is signed for by both parties and a self appraisal stating fair wear and tear for the mileage / condition would this be acceptable?

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks,
    Tags: None

Hello again.

Please can anyone advise? They continue to send me reminders to complete the self appraisal, but as mentioned I don't want to agree to something I shouldn't have to.

I have had no reply from the finance company.

Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X