• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Husbands stroke & trying to terminate HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husbands stroke & trying to terminate HP

Hi, looking for some help with VT, bit of back ground. Long post. Yes he had paid 30 of 60 payments

Hubby took out finance with Motonovo for a new car in june 2019, forward to May 2021, he has a massive life changing stroke, August 2021, contact MNF by email, telling them about hubbys stroke, explain that because of his resulting condition he is still in hospital, unknown if or when he will return home and he wishes to terminate the agreement, He is paralised down one side, unable to walk so the car is of no use to us
    Reply we need to speak to him.

I told them that due to covid there was no visiting, he had lost the ability to speak, can't write, but has capacity and indecated that the car was to Go,
    reply, we need a letter to confirm this.

Hospital will not supply any letter ( incase it means there is proof for a law suit anytime in the future) Dr cannot give one as she has no contact from the hospital, told them this they sent me a form for therapist /?? to fill in, Due to covid never saw one on the odd time i could visit
    October (mid ) hubby has been moved to a nursing home, but therapist calls AM, I go PM form left for one of them to fill in, never happens,
    November see therapist, she fills in form to say hubby is unable to talk, sort out finances, is paralised and this will not change in the future, signed. sent off to MNF.

nothing in reply, hubby is getting worried as he knows MOT is due and i can't drive the car, I have no way of paying for any repairs even if I got it to a garage, so he indecates that i should stop the DD, as they are doing nothing while they are getting the payment and the car is just sat there (no family local)

Mid Jan I get an email ( he put my email on paperwork, as I sort the day to day stuff out) saying they would like to help get him back on track, I contact them to ask what is going on as I had heard nothing.
    reply we need to speak with him.
    go through it all again, send copy of Form that was filled in in november.

I explain all about Asphasia, how it effects the brain, the fact he knows what he wants to spell out but his brain wont let him do it,say it, or write it. but he can read, say yes or no and communicate by picture books or charardes.

Reply, because I don't have POA, ( couldn't get paper's signed because no visiting, COVID) they need a letter from someone dealing with him to proove that this is true and I am the best person to deal with this matter.
    I am waiting for someone to visit hubby to get his permission (Verbal) to do this letter as the home has been in lockdown.
    Last week he received a default notice saying he owes 2 months payments,

Is there anything else I can do to kick this dopey firm up the backside.

Many thanks
    Last edited by missparker; 8th February 2022, 09:35:AM. Reason: typo
    Tags: None

contact citizens advice by phone, I have seen elements of them in action dealing with hospital staff and the results in our case got such a letter for which we could not get ourselves> explain all the events you experienced with the company as well/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X