• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP / Vehicle Fault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP / Vehicle Fault

Hi everyone. I'm struggling to find a local solicitor who doesn't want to charge the earth for asking some simple questions. I bought a 2 year old vehicle with less than 4000 miles on the clock back in November 2018 using a PCP, which I hasten to add wasn't explained to me, and on 11th September the vehicle developed an issue with the powershift gearbox which the RAC advised was a known fault. Ford don't want to know and the complaint lodged with Blackhorse was thrown out. The Financial Ombudsman Adjudicator upheld my complaint and recommended I be refunded deposit, payments since in broke down, compensation and interest. Blackhorse have now lodged further information which to me just basically confirms that the car is not fit for purpose etc. I have never actually been told what the damage is but the FOS said the car is not financially viable to repair. I am still paying monthly for the car, tax and insurance despite the fact that the car has been in the garage since September. I have health issues and need a car and the stress is really beginning to take its toll as I cannot afford to buy another vehicle all the time I am paying out on this one. Having read various threads on this forum my question is even though the complaint is still with the FOS adjudicator should I submit a voluntary termination so that I can stop payments on this vehicle and if so how will it affect my complaint with the Ombudsman. Also if I lose then I am going to have to use my insurance company to right of the car. I am just so confused now as to what is my best option. Just sit and wait, possible months, for the financial ombudsman or do I forget and cut my losses through the insurance company.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X