• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New car on way but current PCP ending before delivery date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car on way but current PCP ending before delivery date

Hi all

I'm hoping somebody can offer some advice. I saw a topic from a couple of years ago on here about a dealer extending a PCP agreement without the customer's permission to accommodate a new car delivery, so hope I am posting this in a relevant place. My situation is not as advanced and I am hoping to avoid the problems the poster in that thread experienced.

The current PCP deal on my car is due to end next month. A couple of months or so back I decided to order a new car (same dealer). At the time of ordering it was expected that the new car would be here well before the end of my current agreement ending. We briefly discussed whether, if it was delayed and would arrive after the end of the current agreement, there would be any issues and I was reliably informed that it wouldn't be a problem.

Of course in hindsight I imagine he was trying to secure my order so maybe glossing over the details and, to be fair, as a car enthusiast I was pretty excited and probably allowed him to do that. Unsurprisingly, having expected it this month I have now been told it will not be until October - opening up the possibility that my current deal will end before the new one is here.

I've asked the dealer to let me know the options in this case but I'm yet to hear back from him. I seem to remember that one option was to extend the deal for a short period and continue monthly payments, although I seem to recall that this wouldn't change the outstanding finance amount - which doesn't seem a great deal, if correct.

I was wondering if any forum members would be able to offer advice as to what options I could expect to be offered and also what I should look to be doing. I obviously want to avoid any unnecessary further expense, nor do I want to be tied into anything longer than I want to. I'm hoping I wont need my current car for too long past the end of the current deal but - given the current supply chains etc - want to be prepared in case this goes on a bit longer.

I hope somebody can offer some advice - please let me know if you need any other information. I've tried searching myself but most topics seem to be about ending agreements early and not about my current situation.

Apologies for the long first post!
    Tags: None

Are you Voluntary Terminating your current PCP or is it just naturally coming to an end? If the PCP is just coming to it's final payment state, what is happening to the vehicle? The usual options are either

You pay the final baloon payment and then own the car
    The Finance company just take the car back and you have no further responsibility
    The Dealer uses any equity in the old car as deposit towards the new PCP

If you can shed more light it may help to understand what options you may have

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X