• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hp give car back help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hp give car back help

Today, 17:37:PM
    email from advantage finance, I am in the process of giving car back as I have paid 50%... They want me to say I have sold car to this auction address and v5 will go to them from dvla , should I be worried?, I don't want them ro say there was a short fall as I sent them the legal beagle template to say I had paid over 50%. This is the email...
    V5 Logbook instructions

The quickest, easiest and most reliable way is to go online.

Go on mobile, tablet or PC - www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

Click on ‘Start Now’

Step 1 – Are you a motor trader. Answer – No.

Step 2 – What have you done with your vehicle. Answer - Sold it

Step 3 – Did you sell the vehicle privately, or to a motor trader?. Answer - Sold it to a motor trader

Next step – Click the box, ‘Tell DVLA’

Next step – Trader name and postcode, (Shoreham motor auctions, chartwell Road,Lancing, BN15 8TU)

Next step – Enter Vehicle Registration and Document reference number from V5 (the number on your V5 in the position highlighted below)

All done, the vehicle is passed to trade. Liability in terms of DVLA removed from yourself.

VIA the post

Alternatively, you can do it via the post, complete the V5 manually and send back the yellow slip to the DVLA.

Please make sure, ONLY the yellow slip is completed and the rest of the document kept with the car, the part marked below is the ONLY part to go to the DVLA.

The DVLA will then process this once received and respond accordingly.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Ps. I am taking the car to there designated garage Friday, they have told me they have cancelled the DD, can anyone please let me know about if the above is OK to do as I'm a bit concerned, I don't want them to give me a big bill as the car is low milage and in great condition for age.

Comment

I don't see it as an issue, all you are doing is changing the registered keeper from yourself to the auction house. If yon don't notify DVLA that you have got rid of the car you may be on the hook for speeding fines, parking tickets or other offences so I know what option I would choose.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob, that's that sorted then, the reason I asked is because I would have to say I sold it to an auction house and in my mind I thought this would admit that I wanted it to be auctioned and pay the shortfall... But you have put my mind at rest, thank you for replying Rob, your my hero, cheers.

Comment

Just make sure to keep a record of that email in case there is an issue, and don't delete it until this is resolved. Not suggesting there will be because Advantage have told you to do this but keep it as evidence of your instructions from them.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Dropped the car off today, they just asked for the keys, didn't look around the car or nothing?... Very strange lol.

Comment

Just a quick update, I have not heard nothing at all from finance company since I dropped car off on the 2nd, should I have?... Or am I the luckiest man alive lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X