• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Using VT Templates Provided by R0b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using VT Templates Provided by R0b

Hi,

I am just preparing a letter to Audi Finance to initiate a Voluntary Termination using the VT templates by R0b, and I just had a couple of questions.

1. I see the template (page 25) refers to termination of a hire purchase agreement - I’m cancelling a PCP agreement - does this still apply?
    2. I don’t see the words “Voluntary Termination” in the letter - I just wanted to make sure this was ok? I don’t want to accidentally do a surrender or something?

Thanks,
    Stewart
    Tags: None

Another question:

1. If I send the letter now, can I state a later date that I'd like the VT to take place - for example 1st August 2021?

Comment

Hello

A PCP agreement is in effect a hire purchase just the financials structured in a different way.

Voluntary Termination is not a legal definition under the CCA, it's just a industry phrase to described your right to terminate. The letters make it clear you are terminating under ss 99 and 100 so there is no ambiguity.

You can give notice to terminate at any time, both immediate and in the future as long as it is done before the final payment becomes due.

If you are unsure, I suggest you go back and read the VT Guide as these questions are already covered.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by stumcbill View Post
        Another question:

1. If I send the letter now, can I state a later date that I'd like the VT to take place - for example 1st August 2021?
        Hi R0b,

Thanks very much, I'll go and re-read the guide again, I must have missed these.

Thanks for the help.
        Stewart

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X