• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Partner taken car in my name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner taken car in my name

Morning,

Me and my partner have recently split up but she has my car which is registered in my name. She has taken the log book and has since insured the car and taxed it aswell.

Unfortunately she is refusing to hand the car back and to make matters worse, she is currently on the run from the police due to assault allegations and no body knows where she is hiding and does not have a fixed address.

I'm completely stuck on how I could get the car back.

What is the best course of action to take?

Appreciate your help in advance.
    Tags: None

Report the car as stolen

Comment

Thanks Ostell but when I spoke to the police they said it was a civil matter and aren't giving me any support.

Can I declare the car SORN?

Comment

It's not civil. That is criminal. She has stolen your car.

Comment

Is the vehicle under a finance agreement?
          Has she changed the registered keeper's name? If not report the circumstances to DVLA and tell them you are awaiting a crime number.
          It is theft, as others have already commented, so back to police (visit in person) and insist on a crime number.

Comment

The car isn't under any financial agreement, it was bought by my father and thankfully she hasn't changed the registered keepers name.

I will go back to the police and also notify DVLA.

Thank you all for your help. I will keep you posted.

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on#post1605039

Can anyone help me with this? It is slightly confusing how I wrote it but I'm unable to edit posts.

Comment

Stop hijacking other peoples threads !!!

Comment

Hm maybe ask the DVLA as she has taxed it to a new address ?. Insurance should also show a trace ?. Worth a try, once you find it arrange for a tow truck as possible no insurance look for all pitfalls before you act.

Comment

Sirius1001 Scattering posts will not get you an answer...please don't hijack other poster's threads

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X