• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landrover VT - Blackhorse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landrover VT - Blackhorse

Hello All,

Attached is my finance doc:

The section on termination on the front is pretty clear, pay half its over, cars in good condition, all sorted.

On the rear section 4 relating to good condition is pretty clear.

But

Clause 9 just sends you round the houses and isn't clear at all?

Can anyone help?

Tags: None

Clause 9 activates clause 6.3 regarding mileage.

Which contradicts 'Termination : Your rights' section on Page 1.

Comment

Page one reuploaded

Comment

Don't see what the issue is, clause 9 is crystal clear to me - return the car in line with clause 7 and make the payments in accordance with clause 11, so what's not clear about it?

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          Don't see what the issue is, clause 9 is crystal clear to me - return the car in line with clause 7 and make the payments in accordance with clause 11, so what's not clear about it?
          Clause 11 references clause 6.3 in regards to mileage, which surly if VT'ing shouldn't be a term?

The car is over is pro rata mileage by around 5k miles.

Comment

VT is a legal right, but that doesn't prevent lenders from inserting contractual terms which can still apply in certain circumstances.

Not sure what the issue is and perhaps you don't quite understand how VT works so I suggest you have a read of my guide below.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Yes I understand this.

VT is as defined in page one. Once £41,585 is paid the agreement ends. Although on page one, they include ''plus any overdue instalments'' are they classing the mileage payment as an over due instalment?

My question was around the fact the 'Termination - Your Rights' section seems to define VT in its truest sense, pay half, its ours now, thanks.

Whereas clause 9 on page two adds 6.3 regarding excess mileage into to the frame, which by the general feeling of rules CCA1974 and VT, doesn't seem to fit. Clauses 3, 4, and 7 would form part of any VT under CCA1974 but 6.3 would not.

Or does 6.3 extended beyond termination of the agreement?

Comment

So I’m struggling to see what the issue is if you understand how VT works.

VT = statutory legislation made by parliament whereas contract = common law e.g. law based around decisions made by courts.

Statue law is the highest form of law and prevails over common law if there is a conflict.

Like I said before, the contractual terms still have their place and they are there for a reason. For example, if you didn’t exercise your VT right but instead agreed to surrender the car, clause 9 kicks in and your liable as per what it says.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X