• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thinking about VT'ing my MBFS Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about VT'ing my MBFS Agreement

Hello everyone. Reading your posts has been incredibly helpful - thank you for posting. Admittedly, reading through some experiences here, I am utterly surprised at lenders behaviour through the VT process.

I am looking for advice on how to best approach an intended VT without prejudicing my rights and circumstances. This is my 4th MB on PCH Agility and have and excellent repayment record. A change in working circumstances means that I now have to look at drastically reducing my costs.

With my car being one of the early casualties, being 36 months into a 48 month agreement, I am considering voluntary termination. How do I go about determining whether 50% of the total debt has been paid and if not, when is that likely to be - without compromising my position?

I am thinking about calling MBFS direct and put these questions to them. Is there any reason why I shouldn't? Can you folk provide pointers as to how to lead that conversation?

Look forward to your suggestions.

TIA
    Tags: None

Is the 50% figure not in the contract?

Comment

I would just ring them and ask how much is still outstanding before you reach the 50% figure. I can't see that asking the question would prejudice anything.

It is also worthwhile asking for a settlement figure. This will tell you how much you would need to pay to settle all of the outstanding finance plus the balloon payment. It may be that total is less than the value of the car. In which case you can settle the finance and sell it. Or, if you still need a vehicle and just need to downgrade a dealer may settle the finance for you and take it in part exchange

You may end up being in a better position than VT ing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X