• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination help please!

I am about to VT my car. Is it alright to sign the I letter send by post? Also when the car is collected, do I fill in the log book as if I have sold the car to Finance Company or do I just hand it over to them in full for them to complete?
    Tags: None

you can change the keeper details online. Why wouldn't you sign the letter?

Comment

Only because, in the guide it labours on the point that you don't need to sign your request. However i think that is specific to emailing your request! I appreciate you can change the keeper details online but just wanted to check whether i should just hand over the log book to the collecting company or whether I should complete it as though it has been sold to the finance company!

Comment

You don't need to sign the letter because printing your name is legally deemed sufficient as a signature and doesn't alter the effect of the letter itself. However, if you want to sign the letter and make it more formal then you can, it's just signing your name to the finance company's paperwork that could pose a problem.

Yes you should hand over the logbook but as Ostell has said, you can do it all online and get that updated which is easier and you have a record of confirmation that it has been done instead of relying on the finance company to do it. Above all, you are still liable for fines, tickets etc. until you have notified the DVLA. Suggest you complete the change of owner a day or 2 ahead of collection.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I assume when informing DVLA you choose the option "PUT INTO SOMEONE LSES NAME". It also says the new owner must tax the vehicle before driving it, so should I inform MBF I have done this?

Comment

Further to the my previous posts, my car was collected by BCA on behalf of Mercedes-Benz Finance. I received a letter from them a week after collection confirming my agreement had ended and that I may here from them after the vehicle has had a second inspection. It has now been a month since the car was collected and I have not received anything further from them. Can I assume that will be the end of that?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X