• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - Barclays Partner Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - Barclays Partner Finance

Hi,

On the 26/08/2020 I called BFP and paid a lump sum of £480 over the phone, this brought me to 50% payable on my contract.. Once I done this I notified them that I was "terminating my contract under Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act (1974) " and made it clear I was VT'ing (I also sent an email). She said she would have to send out forms for me to sign which I said I would look at but not necessarily sign.
    Later that day I phone again because I wanted to confirm that the £480 I paid would mean I didn't have to pay another payment due at the end of the month. I was passed to an adviser who said that the lump sum I paid would be like 2 months in advance and no payment would be withdrawn. I specifically asked if I could cancel my direct debit to which he replied 'yes'. I then said 'my worry is that the payment will try be withdrawn and I will end up in arrears'. His reply was "it was fine and I would not be charged".
    A few days ago I sent off the paperwork they sent out. I filled everything in but did not sign. I also added in a VT template I found online with my signature.
    I got a letter a few days ago saying that they tried taking out the payment on the 31st and couldn't because I cancelled it (as I was advised to do). After being on the phone and telling what happened she said there was nothing she could do only raise a complaint with their team. She also said that until they are in possession of the car I have to keep making payments and 'maybe' they will refund them once they receive the car.
    I told her this is unacceptable and I raised a complaint with their team. I said to her that once I gave notice of my VT it is up to them to come collect the car, whether it takes 4 weeks or 4 days is up to them but I will not be paying because their process is lengthy. That has nothing to do with me.

Have I done anything wrong? What can I do now other that wait for their team to contact me? Financial Ombudsman?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Tags: None

R0b Hi mate, can you please have a read on this and let me know what you think. You are clued up. Thanks

Comment

Have you looked at the VT portion of the shortcuts section on the right?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X