• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT information

Hello I need to seek advice about VT on car finance.
    I have recently vt my car back to startline motor finance I am well over 50% mark, they have collected the car already.
    I received a call today off them saying I owe £445 for damages on the vehicle, so I asked them what is the damages for as the car is in good condition,
    1) Spare key for car missing. (when I brought the car it didn’t have a spare key with it)
    2) Service book is missing. ( the car again didn’t come with service history, so I had to buy my own book for the time I owned the car)
    3) Alloys damaged, (Again they was already damaged when I had the car)
    4) Wheel locking nut missing. The wheel nut had been rounded by a tyre garage so I had to take all the nuts off, that’s why there is no locking nut,
    I am just wondering if I am liable for these charges or not?
    Tags: None

R0b hello any chance you could look over where I stand with this? Please

Comment

The VT guide in the link below has all the answers you need. In short, the onus is on them to prove missing items not you but as for the locking wheel nut, I don't think it's unreasonable to charge you since you could have claimed from the garage for rounding it off unless there is good reason why you shouldn't pay.

A guide to voluntary termination: Your rights
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ok the wheel nut I hold my hands up and will pay for that as I can not prove the garage done it,

So the onus is on them? I got a phone call off them about the spare key and service book, which the guy on the phone was telling me I am liable for the missing key and book as it is my duty to make sure they are with all the documents when I collected the car, is this true or not?

Comment

Read the VT guide
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hey rob any chance you could shed some light on my issue the finance company have sent me email stating;
            (You are responsible for ensuring that you possess all relevant documents/keys etc prior to agreeing to take possession of the vehicle.)

Is this correct? I have read the vt guide but I’m still abit unsure.

Comment

So how can you be liable for equipment that was not supplied with the car, or damage that was present on the car.

Comment

Exactly my point, sorry about delayed reply.

This where I stand at the moment with them,
                they have deduced the service book and spare key off the initial charge as I got proof off the garage.

But now now they are saying the alloy refurbishment is my responsibility I don’t see how as like I said before it was already on the vehicle.

They have said that I assumed responsibility for the alloy damage, as it says important notes “When the dealer delivers the vehicle to you, you must examine it thoroughly before accepting it to make sure that are no defects that can be found from a visual inspection”.

which from my visual inspection wear and tear was took into account but surely the finance company should of examined the car before the agreed ment to determine what was a defect and what wasn’t a defect.

Comment

I am assuming the car is second hand? If so, how old?
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Yes it is 2011 plate so 9years old with 124k and 4 previous owners.

Comment

Just to let you know I got passed through the complaint team rather then the recovery team.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X