• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - Audi Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - Audi Finance

Good morning,

I am a new member and hope that I have posted this in the correct forum. On Tuesday 2nd June 2020 I issued the below letter to Audi Finance.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Termination of hire-purchase agreement pursuant to section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA 1974”)

I am writing to inform you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above hire-purchase agreement with immediate effect in accordance with Section 99 of the CCA 1974. You will be aware that I have to date paid an advance payment of £409.62 and 34 instalments of £632.52 totalling £21,915.30. I understand that I will owe you the difference of the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 of the CCA 1974 which I believe to be £778.12.

I have also inspected the vehicle and I am of the opinion that it is in a reasonable condition given its age whilst accounting for fair wear and tear. Photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the state of the vehicle.

Finally, I would remind you that as a consequence of terminating the agreement under Section 99 of the CCA 1974 and having met the relevant criteria under S.100(1) of the CCA 1974, my liability is limited to one half of the total price payable. Any additional costs, expenses, compensation or otherwise relating to a breach of the agreement are irrecoverable. The vehicle is available to collect, and arrangements should be made at your own cost. Although, I am prepared to deliver the vehicle to a local auction site at my own expense. If, however, you prefer the vehicle to be delivered elsewhere, then I will require an undertaking from you agreeing to pay my reasonable costs and expenses prior to it being delivered to your preferred location.

I would appreciate if you could contact me on ########### within the next 14 days to discuss the next steps.

In addition to this email I have also sent the attached document via Royal Mail First Class Signed For.

On the 4th June I received and conducted security clarifications and then on Monday 8th June 2020 I received the below.

Good morning Mr Murray,

Thank you for contacting Audi Financial Services regarding your voluntary termination.
    • Voluntary terminate
      • To voluntary terminate your agreement; you would be liable to pay up to 50% / 80% of the total amount payable, plus any arrears on the agreement.
      • The shortfall to reach 50% / 80% is: £778.11 this will reduce as you make your monthly payment; in 2 months there would be no shortfall.
      • You will remain liable for any shortfall or refurbishment/excess mileage costs.
      • If you wish to voluntarily terminate your agreement, you can do so by requesting a form from us.

I replied with the below and have heard nothing back. What should my next course of action be?

Good morning,

Please note that my letter dated 2nd June 2020 – sent via both email and recorded delivery – satisfies the law. I am not required by law to sign any further documents or the “form” you refer to. To clarify; the letter sent was not a request to voluntary terminate, the letter was exercising my statutory right to voluntary terminate.

The vehicle is available to collect, and arrangements should be made at your own cost. Although, I am prepared to deliver the vehicle to a local auction site at my own expense. If, however, you prefer the vehicle to be delivered elsewhere, then I will require an undertaking from you agreeing to pay my reasonable costs and expenses prior to it being delivered to your preferred location.

Finally, I would remind you that I have also inspected the vehicle and I am of the opinion that it is in a reasonable condition given its age whilst accounting for fair wear and tear. Photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the state of the vehicle.

I have had PCP for a number of cars, however, this is the first time i have VT'd a vehicle. The car has a couple of small scratches but other than that is in showroom condition with no dents or even paint swirls from poor washing techniques.

Really looking forward to receiving advice from experts and people with past experiences.

Best

Wayne
    Tags: None

Hello

Link below is the VT Guide, it has all the answers you need to deal with this.

A guide to voluntary termination: Your rights
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello,

Latest update is that i received the below from Audi Finance. Does anyone have any advice regarding this as it now looks like they expect condition of vehicle to remain my responsibility until the point when they are able to inspect and collect the vehicle?

Voluntary Termination

Thank you For your email.

Following government advice On COVID-19 our vehicle collection suppliers have suspended all collection And inspection activity Until further notice. Therefore, your vehicle we will Not be able To collect the vehicle Until the government restrictions have been lifted. As the agreement Is now ending, please follow the below important steps;
      • The vehicle must Not under any circumstance be driven*
      • Keep the vehicle safe, locked, secure And Where possible store the vehicle off the road And On Private land.
      • Please remove all personal belongings, keys and keyless entry devices.
      • In the Event the vehicle Is stolen Or damaged By fire, you must immediately notify us And the police And obtain a crime reference number.
      • If your road fund license expires before your vehicle Is collected please tax your vehicle As usual And we will refund the cost Of a 6 month road fund license after the receipt has been sent To us.
      Please note, you will Not be charged your monthly rental For the period between your contract End Date And collection. Standard End Of contract terms will still apply For damage And excess mileage once the vehicle Is collected And inspected. Once the lockdown Is lifted And we are able To arrange collection Of the vehicle our collection agents will contact you.

In these uncertain times we want To assure you that we are doing our utmost To support our customers And thank you For your patience.

Comment

W1YNO Hi - did you receive any further replies or even the car collected? I am about to VT and wondered if this had progressed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X