• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VW financial services issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW financial services issue.

Ok, so I know we are all going through a really bad time just now and in the grander scale of things, this isn’t that important but it’s the wording of the VW emails that concerns me. My agreement was terminated early March and at that time I was advised BCA would be in touch to collect the vehicle. However, at that time they provided me with a 4 week appointment, which meant that my insurance on the car would lapse, (insurance already transferred to the new car) leaving 2 days uncovered. Initially, it was £33 to cover it for one week. I emailed VWFS and asked them (politely) to arrange an earlier uplift - declined. I later contacted my insurer and they extended the policy by 1 month free of charge due to the current situation - I think most insurers are doing likewise. 4 days before the arranged “collection day” I received a text from BCA cancelling the appointment due to Coronavirus (understandable) As a result, and to keep myself right, I emailed VWFS and asked them what their position was in regards to protecting their asset whilst it was in my care. Reply was that I am “legally obliged to tax, MOT, insure and maintain the vehicle until the collection can be arranged”. I’ve read the guide docs on VT (very helpful) and responded accordingly quoting the Consumer credit act but it’s falling on deaf ears. They’ve now just replied repeating the earlier instruction. *Am I being unreasonable here or should VWFS have a more considerate approach ?. The car is in our driveway and the space is required for two other cars. Any thoughts / guidance please ?*
    Tags: None

So you have VTd it and therefore they are the owners.* You* could transfer registered keeper status to them make them liable for tax and insurance.* But give them sufficient notice to arrange.* Or SORN it.

Comment

Thanks for responding , I’ve asked them to provide me with the legislation / contract document that requires me to comply with their instruction but it just falls on deaf ears. In any event, that contract is now null and void as of the termination date. I’ll give them 7 days notice to arrange this or I’m completing the V5 accordingly. Can you steer me towards any letter templates available that would provide appropriate wording ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X