• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT'ing through Covid Crisis/Lockdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT'ing through Covid Crisis/Lockdown

Hi everyone, so I've hit the 50% mark and sent the email/letter to the finance company. Obviously not the best time for this but needs must - been planning this since January. What can I expect from the finance company over this? I don't want to be unreasonable at all, but the way things are, its going to be difficult to return the car.

Thanks, David.
    Tags: None

Have they received/acknowledged the VT?* It's for them to sort out the return.* Have you got space to keep the car until picked up?

Comment

Hi, I’ve only sent it today so will wait for reply. I would be happy to store the car for the time being considering what is going on at the minute but who insures it?*

Once I have acknowledgement I will cancel the DD. Thanks

Comment

Hi DDONN74 I sent a vt on 20 March they have just emailed me saying they are not picking cars up at the moment. They have asked me to keep the car insured until pick up is made I'm gonna tag rob and ask his advice as it could be months yet*

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I don’t mind holding onto the car as long as I’m not expected to pay for it. Have you cancelled your direct debit?

Comment

hi ddonn74 yes I have as advised by rob on here. why give them free money *

Comment

R0b I have just received a call from the finance company they have informed me they will call again 14.4.2020 with an update to picking up the car. they advised me to keep the car insured until the car is picked up (which im gonna bite my tongue and do in the circumstances) I also told them I have cancelled the direct debit (due tomorrow) to which she replied "did close brothers advise you to do? my reply was no as of the date on termination letter I am no longer in a contract with them. so why would I pay them more especially paying them £3000 over the 50% mark.*
              just have to wait now...…...

Comment

In a similar position and they keep telling me it’s my responsibility to maintain and insure the car. (See my new thread) As far as I’m aware, you’re not legally obliged to do this as you’re no longer the owner of the car after the termination is confirmed but await some further advice on the matter. **

Comment

For info, I’ve just received an email from VW. At long last they acknowledge there is no requirement to insure the car. However, they have added that the vehicle should not be driven under any circumstance, locked, and stored, where possible, on private land. If the road fund licence is expiring it’s to be renewed and they will refund this. However, my concern is I’m due approx £130 refund via DVLA as I still have 6 months road tax left. This is obviously reducing by the month. I would imagine other car finance companies will follow suit.*

Comment

Well I have not heard a thing since VT'ing. They acknowledged it by email which I replied to to confirming* wanting to VT.*

Can't get through on phone, email to see what is happening and my agreement has been deleted from my online account! I have kept the insurance going but the tax was due so did a SORN.

Comment

UPDATE... still got the damn car..... they emailed me on 16.4.2020 to say they are still not picking cars up due to covid 19. so another wait I suppose....

Comment

Im in a similar position. VT letter sent, car insured up to 1st June only, further insurance not an option due to no income. I'll follow this thread, be interesting to see how it develops.

Good luck with it all.

Comment

Sent them another reminder email then got a letter asking the the remainder of the finance (£150 which i knew about). Paid it asap and got an email confirming collection next Wednesday! Be glad to get rid of the thing.

It will be socially distanced - have to leave the keys and documents outside and I will not have to sign for it - which is a good thing! I am going to valet and polish it on the Tuesday and take loads of timestamped photos. Car is in really good condition apart from the usual wear and tear of a 4 year old car.**

Comment

Originally posted by ddonn74 View Post
                            Sent them another reminder email then got a letter asking the the remainder of the finance (£150 which i knew about). Paid it asap and got an email confirming collection next Wednesday! Be glad to get rid of the thing.

It will be socially distanced - have to leave the keys and documents outside and I will not have to sign for it - which is a good thing! I am going to valet and polish it on the Tuesday and take loads of timestamped photos. Car is in really good condition apart from the usual wear and tear of a 4 year old car.
                            hopefully it wont be long before they pick mine up then. better get it cleaned lol. I was gonna see what the government say on sunday*

Comment

Originally posted by jimrc80 View Post
                              Im in a similar position. VT letter sent, car insured up to 1st June only, further insurance not an option due to no income. I'll follow this thread, be interesting to see how it develops.

Good luck with it all.
                              who you doing the termination with? im doing it with close motor finance. hopefully not long now before they collect the car

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X