• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT With Jaguar/Black Horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT With Jaguar/Black Horse

I sent my recorded delivery letter in last Friday, the delivery was signed for on Monday the 9th. I just called them and they said they have had no letter (lies) and that I was unable to VT by sending a letter. I lost the plot a bit at that point and explained yes I could! The person I was dealing with was helpful to be fair, but now she is away to the postal room to check for the letter with the reference number and name of who signed for it to call me back. She said she would send a VT pack out too, which is 7 working days, that needs signed and returned.

Is this the normallity of it, that a letter is signed for yet they say theu havent received anything?
    Tags: None

So long as you have proof of the letter being signed for I think you are on good ground. It is irrelevant whether it was lost internally, or if they haven't yet got round to it because of a backlog of work or for some other excuse, reasonable or otherwise.

The fact is that you have legally complied with your obligation and the person you spoke to is talking out of their backside. Yes you can give notice by sending a letter and you have no requirement to sign their paperwork. Black Horse are notorious for doing this and refusing to accept people's termination letter unless they sign their own VT pack.

One day, they will get their fingers burnt when people starting issuing legal proceedings for compensation due to their negligence and they realise they have got it wrong. Until then, they will keep on doing it.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      So long as you have proof of the letter being signed for I think you are on good ground. It is irrelevant whether it was lost internally, or if they haven't yet got round to it because of a backlog of work or for some other excuse, reasonable or otherwise.

The fact is that you have legally complied with your obligation and the person you spoke to is talking out of their backside. Yes you can give notice by sending a letter and you have no requirement to sign their paperwork. Black Horse are notorious for doing this and refusing to accept people's termination letter unless they sign their own VT pack.

One day, they will get their fingers burnt when people starting issuing legal proceedings for compensation due to their negligence and they realise they have got it wrong. Until then, they will keep on doing it.
      Thanks for that. She did call me back and say the letter had been sent to their collections. I sent it to Cardiff, which was on the finance paperwork. Collections is in Edinburgh, literally a 2 min drive from my house!

She did say they would probably be sending out a VT pack to be signed, I will be arranging further mortgage borrowing later in the year and would not want any agument with them to end up on my credit file, due to them getting things wrong, does anyone have any experience of refusing to sign their VT paperwork and them not picking up the car and ending the agreement?

Thanks.

Comment

Update on this. Called Black Horse, they said they received it on the 17th, which is nonsense and they are sending paperwork out to see if I want to accept it, more nonsense!

She then said that I will have a choice of pick up or drop off at the auction house, I will get it picked up, so I can be there when they look over the car. I had GAP insurance on it and while I asked for a new DD to be set up they said it had to be paid or it would affect my credit rating. It is only £150 so I will just pay it to get rid of it, however a payment is due on the 26th March. I asked if this would not go ahead due to the VT and was told they would still take the payment as the VT detail had not been returned. I will let the payment go through as I am not at the 50% mark anyway and will owe something, however I have no intention of signing their documents, will this cause a problem?

Comment

Well it might only cause a problem if they refuse to collect the car and/or BH decide to reject your termination notice and treat the contract as ongoing. In which case you decide whether to fight it or see what BH do from there on out. Most likely they would issue default or late payment notices on your credit file and at that point your only real option would be to take it to court.

Saying no will always cause a problem but it just depends on how they react.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Update. I paid up to the 50% on Saturday via their website and dropped the car off at BCA yesterday, sent the paperwork back recporded delivery yesterday too. So everything is away and I expect the agreement to now be settled, however a monthly DD was normally paid on the 26th of the month. I have canceled the DD, however I am concerned they will go in for it and say I've missed a payment. I take it the the VT is from when they receive my instruction to VT? *

Comment

VT takes place when you tell them the date that the contract terminates. If you specified a date then all payments due and payable up to that date are still payable. If you terminated immediately, it will be the date the letter has been received.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X