• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP negotiations at 17, with no income and history of paying anything up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP negotiations at 17, with no income and history of paying anything up

Hi, I traded in my first car for about £10k to upgrade to a bigger car. I put some of this money into a PCP contact of a car valued about 30k with the same car dealer. I began negotiations before I was 18 therefor had to wait until my 18th birthday to sign the contract where my car was already waiting for me to go at Glasgow Audi. I had 0 income during negotiations and when I signed the contract. After a year of paying £375 a month I was in arrears and now sitting with a terminated contract, no car and 8k debt. Does anyone know if I can get out of this? Thanks in Advance, William
    Tags: None

Thanks in Advance, William*

Comment

Something doesn't quite add up here. No lender would agree to a PCP agreement for a 17 year old who has absolutely no income, that's just a fact. So the question is either you gave false information as part of your application or the sales person did. If the former, I have no sympathy for you but if the latter then you need to prove it (given that you haven't mentioned that I suspect its the former).

It's not clear how you managed to make the £375 month for a year then suddenly stopped but whatever the case, I can't see a way out for you and you will just have to live with it. You might want to hope and pray they don't issue legal proceedings for the debt because that will land you with a County Court Judgment for the next 6 years which will affect everything including certain types of jobs.

Next time, get a car you can afford.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X