• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mercedes VT form signing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes VT form signing

I VT'd my Mercedes in September 2019 and was sent an invoice to pay for the excess mileage on it a month later. It was approximately 5000 miles over with a charge of just over £600. My file is currently with DLC and they have now sent me a letter to say it will be passed on to the solicitors Mortimer Clarke.
    I am happy to dispute this charge, having read the guides on this forum, however I made a mistake at the time of doing the VT in that I signed the form sent to me by Mercedes which said I was liable for any damage and excess mileage charges.
    I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of signing this form and still being able to dispute the charges or whether because I have signed it I will fail if it ends up going to court; something I would obviously want to avoid if it ever gets to that.*

I appreciate any help you can give.
    Tags: None

Please can anyone advise me on whether signing the VT form which stated that I accept any excess mileage charges, would override the CCA and mean I would be liable for these charges no matter what argument I put up against it.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X