• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

un payed the finance on a damaged car ( whats gonna happen)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• un payed the finance on a damaged car ( whats gonna happen)

hi,

i had an accident with my car that was on black horse finance. The insurance company putted my car on cat D and payed me the book value of the vehicle. The money i have recived from the insurace company has been spended on other thinks than the finance. The finance company is going to collect the car back of me because i have stopped paying for the car. The car is in a un driveable condition to be resold so what legal action would they take against me.

Re: un payed the finance on a damaged car ( whats gonna happen)

Not sure, tbh but will bump this for you, I'm sure someone will be along to advise.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Hiya,

What normally happens is the car will be collected and sent for sale at Auction, usually the car will sell at a price at lot less than the amount you owe and then the company will then chase you for the outstanding amount. If you don't pay then it will go to DCA's and so on.

Because you say the car is in an undriveable condition (is it an insurance write off ?) then I believe the car will be scrapped and you will be liable for the amount outstanding.

Just my opinion, but I'm sure someone will pop along and verify or correct what I have said.

Comment

Can you give us a breakdown of what correspondance you have recieved from Black Horse, and what you have sent to them if any.

Going from what you said they will look to recover the remainder of the money you owe.
        IF it is a dedicated car HP loan, there will be a clause in it that states you must keep the car in good condition and working order.

Can I ask why you stopped making payments, was it just because the car had been wrote off.

Is it a dedicated HP Car loan?

PKea

Comment

Chances are being Black Horse it's one of their convoluted personal loans masquerading as normal HP (this is done in the hope they can avoid sec75 of the consumer credit act 74) Either way whatever they do (& you can refuse to give them the car as it's a personal loan & not HP) but if you do they will scrap it & chase you for the money

Another reason I mention it may not be an HP agreement because if it was it would have been registered with HPI & the insurer will have checked & if registered paid BH not you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X