• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BMWFS - VT Excess Mileage - Debt Collection Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMWFS - VT Excess Mileage - Debt Collection Agency

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster. I can't find another example of this, so please chip in with any advice.

VT my BMW in October. Was in perfect condition and approved as such. Mileage was a little over and a few weeks later received letter for £795. I've followed the process using the great info on the site... I've even logged a complaint with the FOB (22nd Nov) ; BMW know this. However, an email received last week stated they would pass this debt to a Debt Collection Agency - I just received (missed) a call from an external agency.

Not quite sure what to do now, I thought they had to wait for the Ombudsmen outcome? They've simply disagreed with everything I've sent.

Any help or ideas gratefully received.

G

Tags: None

Hello, apologies that I cannot give advice but I am currently in the exact same situation with BMW. Disputed the debt, referred it to the Financial Ombudsman, and have now received two missed calls from an external debt collection agency called "Debt Services Ltd, Rotherham". I'm not exactly sure of the next steps, so I will wait to see if anyone can help us! Want to make sure I'm 100% clued up on what to expect with the whole situation and what to do next.

Comment

I have exactly the same thing with BMW. They seem to be the most aggressive of all the motor companies in this space. Have you heard back from the FCA yet?*

Comment

The financial ombudsman are about as useful as a chocolate teapot - they don't take into account any consumer law and simply make their decisions based on what they believe is right or wrong. During my VT process I had a few calls from debt collection agencies and I simply sent them an email saying I have never signed a contract with (name of debt collection company) therefore will not be providing any correspondence, never heard a peep after that.

You really need to go nuclear with these finance companies, be aggressive and don't back down. I was ready to take it all the way to court and I think they realised this, it's not worth their time or money at the risk of a loss.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X