• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another VT question - Dropping off car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another VT question - Dropping off car

Another VT question please....When I drop the car off at the auction site I assume they will ask me to sign a receipt of collection and/or a doc confirming the condition.
    I have read on here that its advisable not to sign.
    Is that right?
    Do you advise not to sign anything including the receipt of collection and car condition reports?
    Tags: None

You are dropping the car off so it's you who wants the receipt not them, they should give you something. I never sign anything unless I have to. Certainly I would refuse to sign anything relating to acceptance of condition. Also take photos, a lot of them, just in case they damage it after you have gone and blame you.

Comment

Fair point thanks. Do you get them to sign confirming they have received it then?

Comment

They usually have some form that they fill in and sign and give you a copy, see what it actually says before signing it but when I've done it it's just simple receipt.

Comment

Thanks, so far the process seems quite straight forward. Anything else to look our for? Any gotchas?

Comment

Not really, just take a good look at the forms they give you and know what the contract says so you don't get caught out. Things like the actual date and definition of VT. I've heard of some dealers who keep charging until the car has actually been sold at auction rather than the date you drop it off for example. Obviously damages, they will try and sting you for every little dent which is why I said take photos.

Comment

Yeah thanks, they have said the contract is still in my name until its sold although I wont be paying any more payments from now - I thought that was odd

Comment

I think they mean the contract is not terminated until the car is off their books (sold). This is for credit file purposes so they can tell Experian et al the finance is settled.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X