• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Update: VT Audi with VWFS - BCA Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: VT Audi with VWFS - BCA Report

Just thought I'd update and also ask a question on VT-ing my Audi with VWFS.

We had the BCA report this morning and they've given the car an A rating, with a charge of £55.20 for a rear bumper scratch. Perfectly reasonable.

With the advice on here to not sign the report, I didn't sign it.

Although, with the report being so good I've been left thinking whether I should have done?!

Have I done the right thing? All the advice was around the 2nd report coming back 3 or 4 times more expensive and not signing puts us in a better position to challenge that... Any words of wisdom R0b !?
    Tags: None

Read the small print very carefully and see what it says as it might say that you either agree or accept the damages shown, or that there is a further inspection to be carried out at the auction.

If you are satisfied that the wording doesn't compromise your position then you can sign it, get a copy or at least in either case take a photo of it on your phone as evidence. You cna then point out that at the time of collection there was minimal damage so any other damage assessed would not have been done in your possession.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks R0b - the BCA inspector didn't show me the small print, despite me raising concerns about what I'm signing my rights away to.

I have a copy of the report in my emails already, detailing the one piece of damage (which we're happy with)

By not signing, he ticked 'customer refused to sign - disputes costings' (there was no other suitable option really).

Inspection results area it says Result: Accepted

We certainly don't want to challenge the 1 area of damage BCA have brought up, not signing was more out of fear of this second report that comes back 3-4 times more expensive...

Comment

I find it totally unnecessary to have second inspections and most of the time those inspections are normally carried out prior to the car being sold so it could be that it is left in storage for sometime between the first inspection and the second. The fact that only minor damage is recorded on the car at the time of collection should put you in good stead to argue that it must have been accepted that the only damage recorded was present at the time of colllection and all other damage must have occurred at a later date - you can't be held liable for someone else's negligence.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          I find it totally unnecessary to have second inspections and most of the time those inspections are normally carried out prior to the car being sold so it could be that it is left in storage for sometime between the first inspection and the second. The fact that only minor damage is recorded on the car at the time of collection should put you in good stead to argue that it must have been accepted that the only damage recorded was present at the time of colllection and all other damage must have occurred at a later date - you can't be held liable for someone else's negligence.
          Totally agree. Thanks

I presume we can cancel the insurance on it now!?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X