• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi / VW finance excess charges following Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi / VW finance excess charges following Voluntary Termination

Hi,

looking for a some advice or guidance on how best to approach my current situation with Audi (VW fiance)

I voluntarily terminated my contract with Audi in early September and my car was collected by BCA on 09.10.19 as part of the process. I was aware that I had gone quite significantly over my mileage allowance so I knew I would receive a bill for this regardless.

Howver during the inspection by BCA they found £753.60 worth of estimated damage, however the two workers both stated that they were in their view within fair wear and tear standards and soft the age of the car it is in “pristine condition” (2016 Q3) they added that if Audi say otherwise then I should challenge this.

Today I have received my end of contract invoice from Audi with the full £753 worth of refurbishment costs being charged which when including their VAT goes up to £904. They state that the items fell below the standards of fair wear and tear. They have not broken down the charges nor have I received anything from BCA with the breakdown. My darling excess mileage is £706 plus VAT totalling £847.

Whilst I don’t feel I can confidently dispute the mileage (though I know on here it states otherwise) I do believe that the majority of the refurbishment costs are unfair and took several photos and videos ahead of collection to support a possible dispute.

if anyone has any experience with VW of this nature or step by step advice on how to challenge I would be almost grateful.

Thank you :-)
    Tags: None

R0b I think I’ve created a separate thread now.

Comment

Hello

I'm not sure what it is you are really asking for. There's plenty of threads on here about Audi and the VW Group all are pretty much the same circumstances. If you are waiting for someone to give you their experience then you might be waiting some time because not everyone reports back.

There's no magic cure for disputing charges raised by the finance company - you only have two options which is to dispute the charges or accept them and pay up. If Audi truly believe that they are entitled to the refurbishment fees and the excess mileage charges then they can commence legal proceedings, otherwise it's simply an invoice that is in dispute.

I suggest you use the search function and you'll no doubt find plenty of recent threads about the same issue, but other threads relating to other finance companies are also applicable. I've put up enough varying letter responses so you should be able to find one.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X