• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this right? Vehicle insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this right? Vehicle insurance

Car on finance. VT soon...

car was in an accident April time.

Informed insurance of the event and informed them I would be using my own solicitor (a friend who deals with these personal injury claims etc)

I rang up insurance to cancel my insurance and they mentioned I had to pay off the full remainder about 6months equivalent as there was a claim.

I mentioned that’s correct, however none of your resources are being used I.e. using my own so no cost burden on the insurance firm...said will get back to me.

Where does one stand on this? Seems a robbery to pay off remainder of the months for literally nothing?

Many thanks in advanced

Bane

Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

Did just notify your insurers of the incident and tell them you were not making a claim?

Comment

I said I would be dealing with it privately...ie my own choice of solicitor.

Im not using any of their resources...so I’m confused as to why one has to pay rest of it off

Comment

If you are not making a claim you should (if you had paid an annual premium up front) receive a return of premium in line with terms of your policy.
          As you are paying monthly (by direct debit) the situation is slightly different.

Often the annual premium is paid by a finance house, with whom you have a separate agreement.
          If that is the case you need to see the cancellation terms of that agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X