• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Audi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Audi

Hi All,

I'll try to keep this short and to the point!

I want to hand back my car (PCP agreement) and I have already spoken to Audi Financial services about a VT.
    He said I am in the position to VT ( I only have 3 payments to go) but he cannot guarantee if it will "positively or negatively affect" my credit score as it will show as a VT on my file.

That aside, I have a service to use up and I'm positive I will have a few repairs to do before handing it back - brakes and a suspected bearing.
    I'm under mileage by 9k

He sent me an email and told me if I wanted to VT then I agree to the terms in the email and send it back to him, is it better to send my own letter instead?
    It has basic information with the "Audi VT information pack" attached.

I'm also concerned that if I get the repairs done before collection that I could be charged again if they deem it not to their standard.
    What would happen if I disagree on the day of collection? - I've had a few mates do this and they were never chased for any damages thereafter.
    Should I bother with the repairs? I just don't want to get hit with a massive bill from Audi afterwords...

Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated!

Tags: None

I assume you have checked the current value of your car vs the balloon payment you need to pay? As you are 9K miles below the mileage it may mean you have equity in the car so VTing might not be the best route to take.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffster247 View Post
      I assume you have checked the current value of your car vs the balloon payment you need to pay? As you are 9K miles below the mileage it may mean you have equity in the car so VTing might not be the best route to take.
      I understand but the car has become surplus to requirements as I am a named driver on another car. I dont want to pay the final 3 payments, put it through its MOT and pay and extras that need doing. Id rather do any works just now and hand it back. They will probably make money at auction and hopefully not bother me with any "damage" bills

Comment

Not sure I explained clearly enough, not suggesting you keep car, but have you done the calculations

eg :- Monthly payments £200, final payment £5,000 means if you let the payments reach the end of contract you would own the car for £5,600

Even without doing the work you suggest needs doing, if the car is worth £6,000 ( plenty of web sites that will give you a free valuation) then you complete payments, sell the car and make £400.
        If you VT you pay nothing but the 'damage' so could be presented with a bill rather than being in profit

I seem to remember that Audi allow you to transfer service contracts, so that could add to the value of the car as well

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X