• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

motonovo voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motonovo voluntary termination

Hi,

apologies if this has been asked anywhere else.

i am looking to coluntary terminate my agreement tomorrow (22nd) my next months payment is due on 25th. Will i still need to pay this? Or is my call to terminate enough. Im just worried that the day they collect the car is considered the day of termination?

Thanks in advance
    chris
    Tags: None

I have seen other threads on this now and looking at them i should be fine to cancel on 22nd and cancel my dd on 25th without fear of them asking for that payment.

thanks

Comment

Hello

Anyone who leaves it to the last minute to give notice of termination is taking a risk. Assuming you give notice to terminate with immediate effect then termination will take effect at the point notice is received and you shouldn't be liable to pay the instalment due on 25th.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by neojustin View Post
        I have seen other threads on this now and looking at them i should be fine to cancel on 22nd and cancel my dd on 25th without fear of them asking for that payment.

thanks
        Hi R0b

I am in a similar circumstance myself, hoping you might be able to advise on this (happy to raise a new topic if required but this may be an easy answer).

I sent an email and letter on 14/05/19 to PSA Finance notifying that I was VTing, using your template. Due to PSA requesting I complete their paperwork and also questioning the figures (for some reason PSA are claiming I owe another month's payment to reach 50% but that is another matter) we've not gotten any further than that, despite my repeated requests for clarification and urging them to progress this. That's all fine enough, or at least par for the course. I have two issues though:

1. My car insurance has expired today. I pressed PSA a couple of times in the run-up to this, stressing the urgency. I'd hoped to have the car collected by now. I've let the insurance policy roll over, so will be another annual policy. What do you suggest? Am I within rights to cancel and leave the car no longer insured, as it's PSA's responsibility? I don't really want to do this TBH unless absolutely certain. I know there is a 14 day cooling off period I could cancel within or perhaps even cancelling and taking out a month's policy only instead of this drastic step (although in doing so I would be taking on financial costs I should not need to).

2. As PSA are quibbling that I have not paid all that is required (although I believe I have) does this mean that the VT may not actually be valid? And therefore, I will still be responsible for the car until this is resolved?

Thanks in advance for any advice you or others can provide on this

Comment

Originally posted by MrPnutButter View Post

Hi R0b

I am in a similar circumstance myself, hoping you might be able to advise on this (happy to raise a new topic if required but this may be an easy answer).

I sent an email and letter on 14/05/19 to PSA Finance notifying that I was VTing, using your template. Due to PSA requesting I complete their paperwork and also questioning the figures (for some reason PSA are claiming I owe another month's payment to reach 50% but that is another matter) we've not gotten any further than that, despite my repeated requests for clarification and urging them to progress this. That's all fine enough, or at least par for the course. I have two issues though:

1. My car insurance has expired today. I pressed PSA a couple of times in the run-up to this, stressing the urgency. I'd hoped to have the car collected by now. I've let the insurance policy roll over, so will be another annual policy. What do you suggest? Am I within rights to cancel and leave the car no longer insured, as it's PSA's responsibility? I don't really want to do this TBH unless absolutely certain. I know there is a 14 day cooling off period I could cancel within or perhaps even cancelling and taking out a month's policy only instead of this drastic step (although in doing so I would be taking on financial costs I should not need to).

2. As PSA are quibbling that I have not paid all that is required (although I believe I have) does this mean that the VT may not actually be valid? And therefore, I will still be responsible for the car until this is resolved?

Thanks in advance for any advice you or others can provide on this
          Best to stat a new thread so nothing is confused with the OP's thread.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi, I have HP car from motonovo finance since 2016. I no longer need the car so went for voluntary termination of the contract. Ive already paid 60% of the total sum. As I have already crossed 50% mark, my question is what happens to the additional 10% ive paid? Is it not going to be used to cover liabilities? Thank you

Comment

Nothing, they get to keep the money it doesnt get returned to you.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X