• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP ... motorcycle insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ... motorcycle insurance

Hello
    i have recently had my motorcycle stolen from outside a aldi store about 6 miles away from my home but for some reason my insurance company is asking for pictures of were i store my vehicle at home ... i have stated to them in the past my bike is stored in a secure place with locks and alarms but they say it was ment to be stored in a garage the bike is stored in a alcove built onto my house with locked gates will this void my insurance.... any help appreciated.
    Tags: None

It should not void the policy, but the insurers could try.
    All they should be entitled to is the extra premium they would have charged if they had known the bike was not stored in a locked garage.

When you told them where it was stored, did they come back and say they wanted it kept in a garage?
    How tall are the gates on the alcove, and are they solid (ie can't see through them)?

Comment

They never said they wanted it stored in a garage after i spoke with them and the gates are locked and secure but you can see through them

Comment

Is it a condition of the policy wording or an endorsement to the policy that the bike is stored in a garage?

Comment

I do not know i never recieved the documents by post or email for my insurance

Comment

Garaging
            You have agreed that you will keep your vehicle in your private locked garage or building at your home address to which only you and
            anyone with your permission have access. If a theft or attempted theft of your vehicle happens within a 500 metre radius of your home
            address when the vehicle is not locked in this garage or building we will not pay the claim. This restriction does not apply to any loss or
            damage occurring whilst your motorcycle is parked away from your home during the course of a journey

this is what it states in my policy

Comment

So they can't use that to avoid paying the claim

Comment

Sounds like it and thank you again for advice you have been a great help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X