• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conned into huge financing fees for car part

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conned into huge financing fees for car part

Hi - not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes. Back in October I took my car to a local auto shop with an appointment to get new tires. In this process they told me the CV Axel shaft was damaged and needed replaced and I had to take their word for it. I had cash to pay for the tires but they convinced me to finance the axel shaft. They signed me up through Snap financing and the agreement I was told in person was that it would be 15 payments of $63.11- the part was $684.76, plus a $10 processing fee. They rushed me through signing and I was not informed at all of any extra fees/interest etc whatsoever. Shame on me for trusting them I guess, because I finally created a login for Snap finance to see if it was almost paid off and was hit with a nasty surprise. The full "lease total" is $1,514.58 - an additional $829.82 NOBODY told me I would have to pay. This is listed as "Cost of Rental" - "The cost of our lease services is the difference between the total cost and the cash price". I suppose I'm partially to blame for being a naive young woman, but I was not told any of this and was not told I was technically leasing the part.
    They never gave me a copy of the agreement I signed, but "by signing you agree you got a copy and such and such..." I'm worried I'm screwed. Is there any way I can get out of the "Cost of rental" because I wasn't told about it at all? I wasn't even told I would be charged twice a month - I was told it was only 15 payments and turns out it's 24. Is there ANYTHING I can do or am I SOL for not reading everything?

From the agreement: Total Cost of Lease; Periodic Payments; Processing Fee; Cost of Rental. Unless you exercise your 100-Day Cash Payoff Option or Early Buy-Out Option set forth below, the “Total Cost” of the Property under this Agreement will be $ 1,524.58, based on 24 total payments of $ 63.11 each, twice each month. The Total Cost includes your processing fee of $ 10.00, and any additional cash paid today, if any. Your Initial Payment due today is $ 10.00. If you do not remit the processing fee to the Retailer at the time of purchase, it is included in the periodic payments set forth above. The Total Cost does not include late payment, nonsufficient funds, default, pickup, reinstatement, or other fees, if any, disclosed below. The cost of our lease services (“Cost of Rental”) is the difference between the Total Cost and Cash Price, and will be $ 829.82.

I can post more parts of the agreement if that would help figure anything out. I'm freaking out because I'm unemployed and already scrambling for money. So far I have paid $631.10. Also, should my beef be with the auto shop, or Snap finance? Please help!

Hi and welcome and sorry to hear your tale of woe

Unfortunately for you this site is UK based and I doubt you will receive any advice appropriate to your location

Good luck anyway

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X