• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination RCI Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination RCI Finance

Hi, so I have just rang to voluntary terminate my agreement. I only have 3 months payments left, so over the 50% paid back mark. I am termintating as am now a student and can not get finance for another car. My car has fair wear and tear, although I know this may be disputed and I am under the mileage allowance. My question is: they have emailed me the paperwork to sign and return, I know I don't have to do this, but I want this sorted asap as it is due a service in 28 days and an mot 22 March. What am I really signing for, I am under mileage but there is a little damage to the car (a car park ding in door, some scratches on the alloys and a stain on the back seat) - so whether it's considered fair wear and tear I won't know until collected. Should I just sign? If I sign and then get bill for damage I don't agree with can I still dispute if I have signed paper work? Any advice would be much appreciated. My thoughts are that because I need this done quickly I might be better signing to get the ball rolling - however I don't want to not be in a position to dispute damage charges if I disagree. If I sign the paperwork will I still be able to dispute charges? Thanks
    Tags: None

Just an update. I decided to sign as it stated that currently no excess charges but this could change on inspection of vehicle. Figure that may or may not be another battle but won't worry about it the now. Am under mileage so that's not a concern. Just waiting whoever is collecting to contact me.

Comment

Thought I would keep updating the post. My car was returned and I recieved an invoice for Vehicle damage for over £600. My car was bought pre-registered and had 600 miles on the clock. I have disputed the damage charges due to them using BVRLA Standard, arguing instead that the CAP Conditions should be used as it takes into account the age of the vehicle and BVRLA Standard does not. I have assessed the vehicle using CAP and find that it is in "Average" condition (although some aspects meet the good condition, I decided to keep it simple).

On a sepearate note, when the car was collected the inspector pointed out that although it's service was not due till 40k miles and it was sitting at 37.6k miles, the previous service was done on 28th Feb and the car not collected till 5 March, so it has been more than a year: the inspector said that this would not be an issue. However, I VT'd on 25 February (in writing) so my liability for the car ends on this date (I did however keep insured till collected, it was also taxed and the next MOT not due till 25 March). I am disputing the service on two points: First, at the time of VT it was not due a service, 25th Feb and second that under CAP Conditions for "Average" it requires a partially stamped service book. According to CCA 1974 I have to have kept the car in reasonable condition, I am arguing that the CAP Conditions "Average" is reasonable condition. I have also pointed out that any contractual term that imposes additional liability whether directly or indirectly (servicing of the vehicle, as CAP Conditions state "Average" is partially stamped service book) that conflicts with CCA 1974 is deemed void. To me, this means that the servicing included in my contract conflicts with the reasonable care in CCA 1974 due to the CAP Conditiions assessment of "Average" as having a partially stamped service book.

My letter was sent today, I will try and keep this updated.

Comment

Thanks for updating Blacklily, keep us updated.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X