• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with Motonovo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with Motonovo

I am currently in the process of VT with Motonovo. Today I received a letter from Motonovo with a list of items that must be returned with the vehicle such as the service book, vehicle manual etc, along with a list of charges if these items are missing. The only thing I don't have is the vehicle manual, which I didn't get with the car (it was bought used).
    Manheim are inspecting and collecting the vehicle next Wednesday. It is good condition and lower than average mileage. I have had it cleaned and polished and will probably have it done again before collection.
    It has been regularly serviced and I have the garage receipts as proof. However, the boot switch does not work, meaning you have to use the key fob to open the boot and the emergency tyre foam is missing (only just discovered this whilst cleaning out the car). Are these things I should sort before the inspection?
    Also, what happens with the V5? Do I give Manheim the new owners section and keep the rest for me to fill in saying it's been sold/passed to a dealer?
    If Manheim ask for a signature, how do I refuse? I know I can just say no, but do I need to say " I am not signing anything because it may infringe my rights under the CCA"?
    I am hoping it will be straight forward and hassle free, but want to make sure I am prepared if it's not.
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Taking the car for a good valet and polish today, ready for the inspection tomorrow.

Comment

Had a call from Mannheim tonight to let me know they should be here between 9 and 11 tomorrow morning.

Comment

You are not obliged to sign any paperwork or documents. If Manheim say they won't take the vehicle away unless you sign the paperwork then tell them to walk away and you will write to the finance company and give them 7 days to collect it or arrangements for the vehicle will be sold. You have this right under the Torts (Interference from Goods) Act 1977.

As an alternative, you could deface the front of the paperwork with words such as "Signed under duress, I dispute the contents of this document" and take a photo of it as evidence. Sometimes you might be asked to sign electronically, though I usually tend to advise against that unless it is clear an option that says you dispute the charges - some people on here have stated that the final document doesn't seem to record that fact when they receive the report.

You can give the V5 to the Manheim agent although I would go to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle and do it yourself. Until the DVLA have been notified, you would be liable for things like speeding fines etc. or parking tickets though you should be able to easily dispute these, it's not worth the hassle.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks. I've been out this morning taking lots of photos and some videos, as per the advice on this site. I don't see any real problem, other than the faulty boot switch, but we shall see. I'll update once the car has been connected.

Comment

That's it, it's gone. Manheim came and carried out a 15 minute inspection. They listed a few small scrapes on the rear bumper, missing handbook and missing tyre foam. There estimate was £179, but I will dispute that with Motonovo. The guy was very pleasant explained everything to me. He was fine with me refusing to sign - there were several options on the report such as - customer refused ro sign or I do not agree with this report. So now I just have to wait to hear from Motonovo.

Comment

Yep, a case of wait and see.

I would ordinarily expect Motonovo to greatly inflate that price according to a second inspection report by Manheim before it is auctioned off. As you say though, you can dispute what you can with it and agree what you think is acceptable and see what stance they take.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Here's a copy of their report. Had a chuckle at the 'corroded' Ford badges - pretty normal for a 9 year old car. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190116-101710.png
Views:	1
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	1444008

Comment

I note that it says a more detailed inspection will be carried out Surely once it has left my possession, it's no longer my responsibility?

Comment

I agree. I do not see the point of having an inspection carried out at the point of collection if there is going to be a further inspection prior to auction. Either you do an inspection on collection in which case you can't renege on that or attempt to claim more charges for further damage, or you carry out the inspection at the auction house.

There's a post floating about that said the OP was told by Manheim that they have to record all damage and apply the charges that would put the car in a position without any damage as best as possible. That sort of policy goes above and beyond the duty to take reasonable care and if the lender wants to do that (which they never pay for by the way and then complain it undersold) that's up to them but you are not obliged to put them in a better situation.
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

*UPDATE* Had a letter from MotoNovo today stating that they have accepted my VT. They then say that "From the Inspection report and items returned to us, there is no further liability. We have therefore terminated your agreement with no liability.". I was pleasantly surprised by this, but happy that I don't have to fight anything.
                      R0b Thanks for your help and thank you to legalbeagles for having this information available to help people through this process.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X