• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motonovo hp termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motonovo hp termination

Evening everyone,
    i have recently contacted motonovo and terminated my hire purchase all in accordance to the consumer act.
    I have recently been contacted by manheim to inspect and collect the car, my questions are 1) Do little scratches count as fair wear and tear? (The car is black and shows everything) and when they come should I be signing anytjing or just giving them what they require and saying thank you very much?
    thanks everyone
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Neil1985 View Post
    Evening everyone,
    i have recently contacted motonovo and terminated my hire purchase all in accordance to the consumer act.
    I have recently been contacted by manheim to inspect and collect the car, my questions are 1) Do little scratches count as fair wear and tear? (The car is black and shows everything) and when they come should I be signing anytjing or just giving them what they require and saying thank you very much?
    thanks everyone
    Hey Buddy,

From what I have read on this forum and online. Who ever comes to inspect your vehicle have to do so by BVRLA fair wear and tear standards.
    Do not sign anything or sign with signed under duress, a lot of the companies have little things written in and you dont want to lose you rights. under the CCA, you dont need to sign anything and they cant make you.

A rough guide with BVRLA standards http://content.yudu.com/web/xpv4/0A2...&origin=reader

Take your car for a good valet and polish, or hand polish. That will make most of the scratches dissapear.

Thats my personnal opinion anyway.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any relationship between you and me. Some of the content I post may include example wording, letters or other similar responses or templates but they are intended for informational and educational purposes only. Using some or all of my content may fail to meet your needs that is specific to your situation and I cannot be held responsible or liable in any way so you accept that you are using it at your own risk. It is recommended that you seek independent legal advice and you can do this through the Law Society's Find a Solicitor database. Alternatively, you can contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau for basic legal advice as well as various legal advice centres such as LawWorks. You may also be able to seek legal advice from your local university who may run a legal advice clinic to members of the public.

Comment

Hi, I too am about to have my car inspected and collected by Manheim on behalf of Motonovo. The advice here is not to sign anything as you could be signing away your legal rights. Remember the car must only be in reasonable condition, so stone chips, light scratches, small scuffs on the wheels are all normal wear and tear on a car, dependant on it's age. Large dents, deep scratches or larger areas of chipped paint will probably be classed as damage. As Fieldhouse said, a good clean and polish will make most minor blemishes vanish and reduce to visibility of some larger ones too.
      Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Comment

I would say its wear and tear and with it being a black car it tends to look worse than what it is, i hope all goes well they are coming out on Wednesday to collect but couldn't give me a time, i was assured by a very polite young lady that all would be done as of bvrla standard, and looking at the guide fieldhouse posted I think I'll be ok, but reading all the posts about voluntary termination and the bills then being sent to them tends to have me slightly worried. I definitely won't be signing anything. Hope all goes well with you also, keep us updated as per the outcome please.
        thanks both

Comment

Also reading all the vt discussions on here I am yet to find a discussion where someone has posted the end result. I would love to know the outcome to some of these discussions lol

Comment

Such a coincidence - Manheim are collecting my car on Wednesday too. I was told I should get a call in the morning to confirm a time. Fingers crossed all goes well for both of us

Comment

Bluebottle71 I know no time given except anytime between 8am and dusk what car u sending back and have u got any issues you think they are gonna try and flag up?

Comment

So plenty of photographs of the car, including the latest newspaper for timing

Comment

Mine's a Ford Fiesta. It's in good condition, with lower than average mileage. The boot switch doesn't work, so you have to use the key fob to open it, so that might get flagged. Other than that I personally think it's in excellent condition.

Comment

I've just had to change the door check strap as it had snapped, i think my car is in good condition, apart from 2 5-6cm scratches on the rear doors (one on each door). I'm probably panicking too much, but wether we like it or not they are gonna find something to charge

Comment

UPDATE PLEASE GIVE ADVICE, The car has been collected a number of "pimples" in the paint work was flagged with one or two scratches that I knew about anyway. But these "pimples"suggest the car has had paint work done to it, the car is second hand and I was unaware of any paint work having been done to the car, so it has been sold to me like this, where on earth do I stand now? Any help appreciated, thanks Neil

Comment

In my opinion , and I have no legal experience, unless they can prove that the pimples weren't there when you bought the vehicle, they can't say that it happened when you had it. My car was picked up for corrosion on the Ford badges! Remember the vehicle only has to be in reasonable and roadworthy condition. The finance company want to claw back as much as they can to cover their loss at auction, so will try to get you to pay for anything, even if it's outside of your legal obligation.
                        Hopefully you'll get a reply from the experienced legal members here, but for now you'll just have to wait and see what the finance company tries to charge you for.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X