• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mercedes Benz Finance Voluntary Termination issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I've read their letter and it's standard template bumpf churned out by Mortimer Clarke. I think a nice robust letter pointing out the issues with their allegations and views will either stop them in their tracks or, if MBFS do issue a claim, then your response will help you form the basis of your defence should you choose to defend it.

It seems like their letter makes 3 points to support the claim that excess mileage charges are due and payable:

1. Clause 12.1 allows them to recover the excess mileage
    2. Section 99(2) of the CCA 1974
    3. Section 100(4) failure to take reasonable care.

As a starting point, there is a template letter for excess mileage charges in the VT Guide that if I recall address most if not all of the above points. You can use that as a guide in your response but I wouldn't recommend simply doing a complete copy and paste job albeit about 3/4 of the content is probably transferable.

It might be helpful in your response to deal with each of the 3 points in separate headings with reference to the MBFS case in the template letter. Mortimer Clarke will be aware of that decision because they were acting for Mercedes in that case.

Some other points to note:
    • With regards to arguments around Section 100(4) you can use some of the reference in this post where it discusses the case Jarvis v Moy Davies Smith Vandervell & Co.
    • The White v Jones reference will also be useful to include for Section 100(4)
    • At the end of the letter invite them to close the account down and confirm the same or, if they insist on commencing legal action then you will defend the claim and seek to rely on the authorities you've referred.

If you want feedback on your letter then post up a draft copy and will take a look at it.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob, great thank you, i will get to work. Regards

Comment

Hi Rob i would be grateful if you would review the attached reply to MBF. Thank you
        Last edited by Pootanga; 22nd May 2020, 06:51:AM.

Comment

Looks fine, couple of tweaks.

Just as an FYI, if you are going to redact your personal info, don't black line it because people can just remove the black line and see your details. Instead just put XXX or some random text. Suggest you remove the version you uploaded before.
          Attached Files
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Great Thank you Rob and thank you for the flag, I will keep you updated

Comment

Hi Rob i would be grateful if you would review the attached, Just the red text.

Thank you

MB Legal Beagles 03.docx

Comment

Looks fine and sufficient enough.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi Rob please could you advise on the letter attached and received today. I haven't received and documentation from MC/ MB to support their allegation. having asked several times for the initial report of the VT vehicle.
                  Thank you for your support
                  MB Settlement fig. letter received 7 10 2020.pdf

Comment

What is it you want to know?

It's a settlement proposal so the ball is in your court if you accept or not. The fact this has been rumbling on for over 18 months doesn't suggest to me they will be taking you to court. Either stand your ground or accept their settlement.
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi Rob great thanks. I will be standing my ground. I will keep you updated.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X