• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT MotoNovo finance advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT MotoNovo finance advice

I bought a car on finance which had 103000 miles on the clock and I've done about 80000 miles in about 2 and a half years but now want to do a VT.
    I'm sending out the template tomorrow as advised, but can anyone tell me, Have anyone dealt with MotoNovo finance before? When I mentioned I was doing a VT they said they'd send me out a pack to fill in but I said I won't be doing it for a few weeks and then I found this forum.
    How will my chances be of not having to pay high mileage charges do you think?
    Also, if worse case scenario I have to pay about a grand to just give it back I may be willing to do this as long as its in instalments, is this how it works on a VT?
    Or do they expect payment straight away? If this is the case then I am truly screwed if I am liable to pay instantly?
    Tags: None

I still owe about £4999 as I took it out over 5 years.

Comment

What was your agreed mileage in your contract? If you've gone over that then they will request for payment based on the rate in your contract. You haven't mentioned the condition of the car, is it fair wear and tear for a car of this age / mileage? Did you have it serviced as per the manufacturers requirement?

Also, it's not clear from your message if you've actually reached the 50% threshold required. Have you checked this already? It's not 50% of payments, but rather 50% of total payments including the deposit. Your contract should normally tell you the total payable amount. You should deduct your deposit and whatever you've paid so far... is that over 50%?

I would suggest you read the guidance provided here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights

I expect they will want the payment straightaway if you owe something.

Comment

Hi, Just had the car collected by a guy with a transporter.
        He went over the car and found the tiniest of scratches in a couple of places and with the collection cost of collecting my car he told me I owed them £270. 00
        When I bought the car it had 103000 miles on the clock and it was an ex hire car for Days rentals.
        I have nothing in the finance agreement about high mileage costs if I end the agreement early.

I've taken about 50 photos of both the inside of the car and the outside at every single angle possible.
        I owe about £4000 I believe.
        Met the half way mark and was allowed to end the agreement in October last year.
        Couldn't end it then as the car needed a bit of work doing to it but couldn't afford until now.
        He tried to get me to sign something before he left but I told him I was under no legal obligation to sign it and that I will be contesting any fees imposed on me for damage to the car as it was almost 10 years old and it used to be a hire car before I bought it.
        He said he would let motonovo finance know what I said and they would be doing a proper check over on the car when it gets back to base as well as the quick 10 minute check he had just done before he left.

Can they lever more charges on me for things they never found while doing the checks before it left my home?
        ​​​​​​
        Is there a template on here just for me to contest the condition of the car they say it was in when they collected it, the only template I can find also includes about not collecting my vehicle and I don't want that one.
        How long before this is likely to all be over?
        I have been paying for this car for the last 10 months without missing any payments and always on time while it's just been sat either in a garage or outside my house until I could afford to fix engine problems?
        I really can't wait for this to all end. Sent off the car ownership today to dvla and can see this never ending

Comment

Had it serviced regularly. In pretty good condition for the age and mileage. He didn't pick up on a rear electric window not opening before he left and the radio fuse had blown but wasn't sure which one so hoping they can't add this on top of charges

Comment

Just had a letter today from motonova finance to say that my voluntary termination has been accepted and I have no further liability.
            Does this mean it is all finally settled?
            If so, thank you for all your help and advice for the templates and making me aware not to sign anything when they collected my car even though they said I was owing £270

Comment

R0b cheers

Comment

Hi just wondering did you ever get any charges after not signing on collection of car I am thinking of vt’ing my car but I have lost the spare key and done all services my self so don’t have stamps in my service book and don’t want to pay stupid amounts of money to motonovo if I don’t have to*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X