• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Problems with Barclays Partner Finance 4 months on....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Problems with Barclays Partner Finance 4 months on....

R0b Hi guys just seeing if you can help me out here!!

I have had a lovely letter today from Barclays regarding money owed on a car that I VT'd in August.

I have had nothing from them since August (when they picked the car up) and now they want £550 off me for 'damage'

I call recorded the conversation I had with them as I have had nothing in writing and wanted to know what this 'cost' was. The chap I spoke to was not very helpful to say the least and when he tried to get me to complaints, no one was available to I now have to wait 24/248 hours for a call back!

In relation to this 'arrears' as they kindly put it in the letter what is the best route now as I am disputing the damage claim.

I bought the car back in 2015 on a 12plate. So you can see its already had a previous owner, (i bought the car from Bristol st Motors)
    I have had it until July this year so is a 6 year old car - hence going to have wear and tear, a few bumps and scrapes on its life journey so far.

They are sending me out a letter now (which they say they have already sent me, but I have not had it. Had all the updates on payments, annual statements etc...so feel this stinks to be honest)

The car was in reasonable condition for its age and the mileage was lower than what they set it at.

It was sold at auction a month after VT at Manheim

I have had nothing off Barclays until now, please can you give me some advice on what I do now as I am not paying for a car I dont't own and a car I gave them back in reasonable condition, I even had it valeted the day before they collected it.

I doubt they even got the car repaired before they sold it!!!

Thanks
    Tags: None

There is a lot of information on here regarding Barclays and it's simply a case of pay up or dispute it. Do bear in mind that Barclays now have a habit of issuing late payments on your credit file so don't expect to get that removed except for taking them to court - just a heads up.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b Ive read through most on here, thank you, just a quick update. Got a call from the complaints team, they said they had a list of all the damage, come to £900+ and they would reduce it to £500.. anyway after a long convo, I offered them £100 as a Full and Final offer and in that they take off late payment markers or anything adverse on my credit.

Obviously they accepted. Its worth £100 to get rid of them once and for all.

Thanks to all who post here, the problems, the answers, and general info... without this I would have probably paid £500!

I have recorded the calls, thanks to the advice of the site... JUST incase.

Comment

I'm glad you got it sorted out in the end. I would keep an eye on your credit file because what they say over the phone might not actually happen. It is a good job you recorded the call you will need that as evidence if they refuse to take it off as that was what was agreed per the settlement.

You might also be wise in making a subject access requestrfor all data they hold about you, and also ask for a copy of call recordings including the one today. Make sure you give a specific mention of the date and time roughly so they can locate it.

Also as a double safety measure you may want to save the recording elsewhere like on a computer or USB drive in case you cant access it from the original source.

Keep us updated I would like to know if Barclays do as they agreed.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ive just pulled the SAR request off your template site R0b and sending that off today. Thank you for that.
          I will wait for this and give it a month to re check my credit file. Once I have all that I can then decide to wash my hands of Barclays, or go at them for putting 'arrears' on my file when I had VT'd.

I will keep you updated...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X