• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCI Finance for excess mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpros thanks for coming back to me, haven’t heard anything since July when I received a letter which I’m guessing was similar to yours!

Comment

R0b I hope you are well. I just checked and can you believe that it has been pretty much a year and half since my last update!

I update today with incredible news.

The FOS have emailed me a detailed letter with their decision, and to cut a long story short, they have upheld my complaint and ruled in my favour . They have essentially told RCA that they should not be charging me for the excess mileage, and any adversities to my credit should be removed (I do not believe they have done this as I have an account with Experian and there are no issues with it).

The truth is, without your support I would have probably just paid the fine so I want to thank you very much. I am also happy to send you a copy of the letter that they sent me (I will take the time to redact all of my personal details).

Thank you again for all of your help! I do not get alerts when I receive updates on here, but I will make a point of checking regularly!

Thanks so much

Runner95 - how has yours gone?
      Last edited by Kpros; 26th April 2021, 16:04:PM.

Comment

Great news, I'm surprised by this as the FOS appear to be fobbing everyone off saying they are looking into it.. despite the first wave of these coming through 2-3 years ago.

I would very much like to see the decision letter if you don't mind as I would like to see the basis of their decision. Also if you are able to retain your case number on the letter, it could be a helpful reference point for others in the future since the FOS should follow their own decisions as a matter of consistency (which they preach on their website, or at least used to).
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b, no problem at all, I will sort this and send it to you. It may take me a little while as the letter is close to 10 pages.
          Last edited by Kpros; 27th April 2021, 08:10:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X