• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCI Finance for excess mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi James23abest no there was no charge for collection. They contacted me after the VT to give me a time and date of collection but I did not pay anything for this. I was only charged for the mileage as you can see on the statement that they sent me. Was yours a VT or did the agreement come to and end?

Comment

hi again Kpros mine was a vt Im at the stage of waiting for a reply to my letter of complaint I only had 4 payments left I think and was advised by the nissan dealer to do the vt he said I would only pay for the excess mileage which was £17 something but theyre trying to charge a total of nearly £1200

Comment

Hi James23abest Good luck with it and hopefully you get the right result. I was at a very similar stage to you when I VT'ed with my Nissan also.

Comment

Deleted.
          Last edited by R0b; 13th October 2018, 08:41:AM. Reason: Post on wrong thread.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Good morning R0b thank you very much for that template. I think it is perfect and don't deem it to be too hard at all.

Am I required to send this letter via post, or can I send it via email as I like the idea of requesting any further correspondence to me via this method.

Thanks.

Comment

That template example related to James' issue not yours, I've put it on the wrong thread.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b , oh right, sorry it's just it mentioned the amount I have been billed and about QDR being instructed? It seemed identical to my circumstances

Comment

Sorry, you are right, I am losing track of which posts are which! Set it out below for you

---------------------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

I received correspondence from you via my mobile phone with regards to an alleged debt of £522.61 owing to RCI Financial Services Limited. I would like to say first that I do not consent to you contacting me using my mobile number and all further correspondence must be sent [in writing to the address at the head of this letter OR by email to the address [email address].]

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I have submitted a formal complaint to RCI with respect to this alleged debt and, in accordance with their obligations under the FCA Rules, all demands for payment should cease pending the outcome of that investigation. I therefore do not expect you to contact me during this period however, should you continue to do so, then I will consider such further demands as a form of harassment and I reserve the right to take any action as may be necessary, including reporting QDR Solicitors to the SRA.

I would appreciate if you can confirm by return, that you will not contact me until my complaint is concluded.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thank you R0b . And just to confirm, am I ok to send this via email or am I required to send it by post?

Comment

I sent the letter via an attachment to an email. Let's see what they (and RCI) come back with. I will keep you updated! Thanks

Comment

Hi there R0b I received this email from QDR. Do I need to respond
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	QDR Solicitors Email1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1429679

Thanks

Comment

I can't see any reason why you cannot respond to that. Sounds like a standard email to confirm you are happy to receive correspondence from them via email which for more email systems is unencrypted as they've pointed out. So if someone intercepts an email and you lose out, then they cannot be blamed for it.

If you are happy to use that email then respond as they request, or if you want to use a more secure email I would recommend Proton Mail (www.protonmail.com) which is encrypted end to end. Sign up to that website for an email address and then respond to them by asking to forward all correspondence is directed to that email address (or your current one if you aren't too fussed).
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi R0b thank you for the above info. I was just a bit confused with the 'confirming my date of birth'. I don't even know if they would have my date of birth in the first place. And it seems a bit bizarre that they have suddenly become so privacy-conscious yet they were happy to send a letter to me via a text which anybody could have received!

Comment

Feel free to challenge them on it and get them to explain the reasons why they need your date of birth when they are sending text messages to you - a valid point!
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks R0b. They seem to make it up as they go along! This was my reply!

Click image for larger version

Name:	QDR Solicitors Reply Email1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1429831

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X