• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Help! Finance Affordability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Finance Affordability

Hi all.

I have had a change in circumstances which has left me in great difficulty regarding my car finance. I took the car in October 2016 on a 3 year contract. I have since left my job and am moving to France (not currently in employment). I wish to give the car back to the garage before I leave but there is an approx 3 thousand pounds difference between what I have paid already and what they are valuing the car at which they say I have to meet the difference.

I was told at the point of signing the contact and also about 2 months ago at the service that I could return the car free of charge as long as I was half way through my payments, however the garage are now denying this and I donít have it anywhere in writing that they said this to me.

I canít afford this lump sum nor can I afford to keep the monthly payments up. I have met all the payments thus far and the car is in very good condition, the only other thing is Iím over my mileage limit.

What are my options? Iím awaiting an appointment with citizens advice but no word yet.

Thanks
    Tags: car finance

Hello

Who is the car finance with? if the car is finances through a hire purchase agreement then you have the legal right to terminate the agreement and only be liable for 50% of the total price.

Unfortunately without having sight of the agreement its very difficult to know your current position. You need to speak to the finance company, not the garage because your contract (I assume) is not with them so what they say is irrelevant.
    Click here to check out my list of templates

DISCLAIMER: ANYTHING I POST ON THIS FORUM SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS GIVING LEGAL ADVICE. I DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY NOR DO I ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY AND THE USE OF MY CONTENT FOR YOUR OWN PURPOSE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BY GOING TO THE LAW SOCIETY'S FIND A SOLICITOR OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CITIZEN'S ADVICE BUREAU.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

SHORTCUTS

Voluntary Termination: Letter Templates
    A guide to voluntary termination: Your rights

If you are having problems related to your car finance and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the guide and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

See more
    See less

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X