• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BMW Financial Services - PCP VT - BMW refusing to action for 28 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Financial Services - PCP VT - BMW refusing to action for 28 days

Hi All,

This is my first post to the forum however I shall tell the story as follows:

I rang BMW financial services on Friday the 11th of May 2018 to make a lump sum payment of £1600, i did this with the intention of getting to the 50% point as defined under the terms and conditions of the PCP agreement. The payment was authorised and the money cleared within a number of days, of which i received a receipt of payment from BMW today.

I then after writing the later informing BMW of my statutory right to VT the agreement (as of Friday the 18th of May) sent said letter by recorded delivery on Saturday the 12th of May 2018, I know that this letter was signed for and received by BMW financial services on Tuesday the 15th of May.

Having waited a number of days for any kind of response I thought it best to chase them, I was eventually put through to there "terminations" team earlier this evening.

When holding discussion with the customer service "advisor" I made it clear that I had invoked my right and that I knew they received the letter and when could I expect a formal response, what I was then told by the CSA in response to me sounds like complete nonsense.

BMW financial services are claiming that because I made a lump sum payment with the intention to either:

A) reduce my payments
    B) bring the end of my contractual term forward

That they will not action the VT for a period of 28 days because there "processes" will not allow them to, I reminded the advisor that I have paid 50% of the total amount owed, given them adequate notice and taken adequate care of the car! To which he responded there is nothing we can do for 28 days, this cannot possibly right?

I also made clear that when I made the lump sum payment, as I also am entitled to do under the terms of the agreement no such "28 day" period was explained nor warning given with regard to not being able to terminate the car. Are they simply trying it on?

Has anybody else had a similar experience elsewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have taken delivery of my new car and am having to keep my BMW insured whilst I wait for them to collect it.
    Tags: None

The legislation, as far as I am aware, makes no mention of any 28 days. The agreement is terminated on receipt of your VT letter. You could warn BMW that you are about to transfer the car to their name and they will have to assume the legal necessities of tax and insurance. You can then use the online DVLA form to transfer the car to them, away from you. See what sort of response that gets.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X