• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I pay Premier Park??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I pay Premier Park??

Hi looking for some advice. While on a family holiday back in April, in Devon I stopped in what I believed to be a small pay and display car park late one evening. I believed it to be too late to pay for parking. I did check the signs but they were not clear. I stopped for 20mins to get some chips. I received a parking charge notice in the post a short time later. The notice does not state why they have issued it, just that I stayed in the car park for 20mins (and photos of my car entering/exiting). I know the difference between a parking charge notice and penalty charge notice and was unsure to even appeal, but I did. I appealed on the grounds the signage was not clear. I asked for evidence they had of the signage (as I live in London and cannot check) and why they had issued the fine. I have received a response stating they have declined my appeal but not why there are fining me or there signage?

What's the best course of action? Is POPLA worth a go?
    Tags: None

Re: Should I pay Premier Park??

POPLA is worth a go but need something to work on, like the signs, notice to keeper. Provide a link to the google maps location and we can all have a look, hopefully and post up the NTK with identifying details removed.

Comment

Thank you for responding, the car park is braunton village centre car park. But the Google maps appears to be an old pic. I don't remember the barriers?

I will post the parking charge notice shortly

Comment

Please find attached picture of parking charge notice
        Attached Files

Comment

I'll get back to you soon.

M1

Comment

Any chance of a picture that doesn't have a few words missing from the edges ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X