• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received PCN for parking 11 minutes after ticket expired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received PCN for parking 11 minutes after ticket expired

http://popla.co.uk/faqs-and-advice

What if I am not happy with the assessor’s decision?

POPLA is a one stage process and there are only two possible outcomes for an appeal brought to our service: either the appeal is allowed or it is refused. We understand that it is disappointing and even frustrating when an appeal results in an outcome that you were not hoping for, however, our role as an impartial appeals service means that quite simply, we must base our decisions upon the factual evidence presented to us. If it is clear that a procedural error has been made during the assessment of your appeal, we might review the case and make changes where we deem necessary.

The popla appeal was

1. BPA code of practice - contract etc

This was not considered, judging by the reasoning.

2. Signage.

They did rule on this.

3. Standing.

Again no mention of this.

4. Keeper liability.

No mention of it or even whether it does or doesn't apply.

5. Equalities act

Although the assessor has latched on to the sick child they have made no decision as to whether the equalities act has been breached or not.

I would certainly point out the 3 of the 5 appeal points were never considered and a 4th was only vaguely touched upon. complaints@popla.co.uk

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION], Thsnks for your support.

Shall I file a complaint against popla? Can you please provide me any draft ?

Thanks.

Comment

I'll try and do it this weekend. Give me a shout if i forget.

M1

Comment

complaints@popla.co.uk cc director@ispa.co.uk

Dear Popla,

Popla appeal xxxxxx

I write in reference to the decision in my popla appeal. Sadly it appears the assessor has not considered my appeal in full. Section 1 of my appeal discussing the BPA code and failings and questioning the presence of a valid contract to operate are not mentioned in the decision. There is also no mention of section 3 of my appeal regarding standing. Section 4 which deals with keeper liability and their failings again have not been mentioned in the decision.

As such i have to ask that my appeal be reheard and a proper decision made.

Yours sincerely

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X