• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking Fine - Asda Blackwood, Wales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking Fine - Asda Blackwood, Wales

Hi All,
    I'm hoping you can help me. I have left my post for a while and sat down and went through it yesterday and I found a PCN from Asda in blackwood. I went down to Asda and asked a member of staff but I was told they can't do anything as they don't own the car park Smart Parking do.

Reading the letter the cut off date for something (not really sure) has passed. Also from the letter I don't know what I have actually done.
    It used to be a pay and display car park but they covered the machines over with material about 18 months and have now taken the machines away.

Do I have to pay the £70? I don't really want to pay £70 to park when I go food shopping.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking Fine - Asda Blackwood, Wales

I can't really read that. What are the dates ? February ?

M1

Comment

Sorry I don't have a scanner.

It says Contravention 21/02/2016
      and Original Notice date 24/02/2016

Comment

Well that kind or rules out the proper appeals process. Go back to Asda and speak to the MANAGER though as staff are useless. Take any receipts with you or better still something relatively expensive within the 28 day return period to help them focus a bit.

Smart are, as yet, not litigious so ignoring all bar court papers or a smart parking letter before action is a viable option. http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html

M1

Comment

I can't see what the alleged breach was. I think I read that Smart are saying that they are acting for tne owner so so it looks like Asda staff are telling fibs again.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will try and spk to the manager but I can ignore their letters?

I have looked at my credit card statement and I was shopping in Asda on that date, weird thing is my mam was with me in her car, she parked next to me and she hasn't received a letter!

I have no idea what I did wrong as I couldn't see where it said, glad I'm not the only one

Comment

Take the proof of spending with you, even better if you can show a regular, loyal customer.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X