• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking ticket - decision overturned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking ticket - decision overturned

My wife has received a parking ticket with a £100 penalty for over staying at one of the Birmingham McDonalds carparks, due to the fact that the car had an issue and she was waiting for the AA. Now I appreciate that she should have told them, but did buy food and then later coffee for herself and the AA man. She had our 1 1/2 yr old with her and felt the carpark was safer than the side of the road.

I have read a few of the previous posts and letters that have been suggested, but was wondering whether I should try and appeal to their better nature by explaining the situation, prior to sending a more legally worded response?

Can anyone give me any pointers. I obviously have no intention of paying the £100 for what was in reality 15 minutes of parking.

Thanks,

Mark
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking ticket

Is the driver also the registered keeper ?

M1

Comment

I am the registered keeper and it was my wife driving. Does this make a difference?

Comment

So the ticket is in your name ?

A big difference and in our favour too.

M1

Comment

Yes M1 the ticket is in my name.

Sorry for the slow replies I am not receiving the emails to say there has been a reply for some reason.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Comment

Ok, well they have no better nature. They have a greedy nature and no other.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver was a genuine customer and saw no signs. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Note that genuine customer as in spent money. The fact it wasn't intended means nothing and should be kept quiet.

Come back if you get a popla code.

M1

Comment

Thanks I assume I need to send this by recorded delivery as opposed to via email?

Comment

Email is cheaper and better.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1, Email all sent off to their info email address which was the only one I could find through google, so will wait and see what returns. From your previous posts I assume that getting the popla code is a good result.

Thanks for all your help,

Mark

Comment

M1 have had a letter back from MET basically saying they have rejected my appeal and providing me a POPLA number. What do I do as my next step?

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Hang fire for now. Several of the first wave of popla decisions are due very soon which it's best to analyse before embarking in an appeal that isn't near the deadline. You get 28 days. Give me a shout in 19/20 days or a week or so before the deadline.

M1

Comment

M1,

Thanks will do, will you be posting up somewhere as to how the decisions have gone? Also I assume that this means the process is new?

Comment

Originally posted by markwindsurf View Post
                          M1,

Thanks will do, will you be posting up somewhere as to how the decisions have gone? Also I assume that this means the process is new?
                          Hopefully the posters concerned will post the results (otherwise i won't know!) and then i'll move the threads to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ccessful-Cases

M1

Comment

M1,

I see that there have been a few sucessful outcomes from the popla process. Are there any others coming up that are against MET or McDonalds?

Mark

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-POPLA/page2

Pretty sure if you start at page 2 and work forward to page 1 there are a few MET as well as others. I can't promise they'lll reply though as it's up to them. Would be nice though !

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X