• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking/popla Support letter from Asda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking/popla Support letter from Asda

Hi all i have been looking at fourm for a week or so for help with a friends (disabled elderly gentleman) appeal against smart parking fine issued for overstaying at Asda. I am helping as he just wanted to pay it as he was distressed at the letters/debt collection threats but he agreed that we should appeal. I first sent SP copy of his blue badge, receipt for asda coffee shop meal and receipt for his £80 asda shop so as he had lunch then a large shop plus factor in his disability and age it took 3 hours and only 2.5hrs allowed. These where rejected and now need to go to popla. I looked around forum and got some ideas on rules, who owns land etc and began what would have been a long long appeal to send thru to popla. I then read over SP 1st appeal rejection letter and noted they said 'if you knew your shop would take over the 2.5hrs as a blue badge holder and as signs state you can extend parking at asda customer service'. I decided to take a break from appeal and take a trip to the asda store to check there extention policy using a 'test purchase' so to speak. I asked Cust service if i could extend my parking 'no we dont have that facility' was the reply.... My ears pricked up in delight. May i speak to manager i ask, 2 mins later store manager confirmed the very same 'no facility'. I now have a full page letter from the store manager stating that 'even tho SP signs state parking can be extended in store they have never had the training/means/ability to extend parking for any customer'!

Is this letter enough in itself to send to popla appeal? Also could this letter help in some way others who have recieved and maybe just paid the £70 overstay fee in the past

Many thanks for reading
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking/popla Support letter from Asda

In a word, no.

You have a popla code ?

Did you chin the manager about the ticket ?

M1

Comment

Lol no but i should have done, he also seemed to think that SP owns the land?

I do have popla code yes

Comment

Go back then

When is the popla deadline ? http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

M1

Comment

Tuesday nov 10th

Comment

I've added you to my popla to do list http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

M1

Comment

Ok great many thanks, what do i do now?

Comment

Wait until a few days before the appeal is due and i'll sort a popla appeal out for you to submit.

M1

Comment

Great thanks, in meantime would you like me to email u the sinage photographs, pcn and asda managers letter

Comment

You can post them up or email the site team in my signature and ask them to post up suitably sanitised.

M1

Comment

Whilst Beavis lost in the supreme court i see no real reason to remove the penalty and unfairness arguments until Popla rule on them.

Also include a scan of the letter from the manager re the extra time for disability.

fluffy25popla.rtf

pevmrsx.pdf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

That explains entering a popla appeal quite well.

You only get one shot so enter everything at once. You may need to convert to pdf, i'm not sure on that.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X