• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking ticket macdonalds Hayes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking ticket macdonalds Hayes

Hello, New to the the site have had a browse and it looks like an excellent place for information.

I have received a PCN for staying in MacDonalds car park for 74 mins instead of the allowed 60mins, pay £50 now or go up £100. I thought it was 2hr period. I was a genuine customer. The address they have on file is wrong as the car is registered to my wife and our old address.

I was going to appeal as per other threads on here but it asks for your address and I wasn't sure whether to provide the new address or the old address. Can someone advise on what I should do. I have until 19/10/15 to appeal back to MET.

I have spoken to MacDonalds they won't help, also I don't have the original receipt.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave
    Last edited by Tozerino123; 13th October 2015, 20:29:PM. Reason: Didnt finish
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking ticket macdonalds Hayes

Make sure your wife appeals and doesn't say or indicate it was you.

Use your new address (and update at DVLA which is a legal requirement btw). If they post stuff to your old address and you don't know about it then it can potentially end up with a ccj which you only find out when applying for credit.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs and was a genuine customer. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9.

I was not the driver and am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and as you have failed to meet PoFA requirements i am not liable.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I have sent off the appeal via their website. I will let you know their response.

Regards
      David

Comment

Hello,

I have had a reply from MET rejecting my appeal saying there was sufficient signage and that macdonalds believe an hour is long enough for a paying customer to eat and leave. I was trying to upload the letter but can't see how you do it.

Could you provide some wording for the POPLA appeal please?

Happy to send the letter if someone can tell me how.

Kind regards

David

Comment

Click go advanced and then the paper clip or use the email in my signature if you can't.

What is the last date for filing the appeal ? http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

I'll add you to my popla to do list. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

M1

Comment

Hi, I think I have added the attachments.
            Attached Files

Comment

19th November is my deadline I just checked on the website u sent through.

Regards
              David

Comment

:okay:

I'll get back to you shortly before that.

M1

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Leave penalties and unfairness in although after Beavis it should be pointless. Keeper liability should win. No contract might win.

tozerino123popla.rtf

pevmrsx.pdf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

That explains entering a popla appeal quite well.

You only get one shot so enter everything at once. You may need to convert to pdf, i'm not sure on that.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Thanks for your very comprehensive response. To clarify all I need to do is send the word document and the pdf court judgment via popla? I don't have to amend any details with in the letter??

The third link you sent doesn't work.

Thanks again for all the help you have provided!

David

Comment

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

You shouldn't have to edit it but may need to save as a PDF.

M1

Comment

Hi am also in the same boat as you and wondered how you had got on with the POPLA process, as am just about to venture down the same route?

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X