• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD 'Obstruction' PCN fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD 'Obstruction' PCN fine

Hi I am in need of advice.

I received a PCN from CIVIL Enforcement Ltd for this car being parked for half an hour in a hospital car park in North Manchester. The PCN says 'causing an obstruction'

The Driver did not cause any obstruction at all and park alongside other parked cars. It is not blocking any persons or vehicles as can be seen in the photos. Civil Enforcement said I am to pay £70 initially. I appealed briefly on their website asking them to provide evidence. They rejected my claim and sent me photos of the parked vehicle where you can clearly see it is not causing any obstruction at all. I have ignored their letters and the costs are going up. They now say I owe £140 with the most recent letter saying they will soon have no choice but to instruct third party collection agents. They list bullet points such as 'seize your vehicle / goods' / 'Apply for an attachment of earning / 'Third party debt order' / Appoint court bailiffs to attend my property'. The last two letters are signed but with no name of who signed them. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this people from harassing me? I have attached photos of the 'evidence' they sent me where of the supposedly obstruction. On the letter where they rejected my appeal they said they would be happy to reduce the fee. Since I didn't pay they now just keep increasing at will.

I have just tried to ring Civil Enforcement again and nobody is there to answer the call. An automatic reply says my case can now only be payed via a debt collection agency and they provide me a number to call the company is ZZPS limited. I just called ZZPS and they say my PCN reference is not on the system. So even if I wanted to pay these scammers I have no way of doing it, yet they continue to overcharge me. The man on the phone hung up on me and the second one told me to ring back in a week as CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD probably haven't sent it through yet, even though when I ring them I just get an automated message to ring ZZPS

In the letter where they 'rejected my appeal' they said I can contact popla within 28 days. As I live in London I didn't get the letter until past this date as they keep sending letters to my parents address.

Thanks very much

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	1470818Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	1470819Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	1470820
    Last edited by Mapex11; 15th June 2019, 09:58:AM.
    Tags: None

Have you identified who was driving? Yes or No. If no then edit your post so that the identity cannot be inferred. Use "the driver......" etc

Can you post up the redacted PCN. Leave dates.

photos of the signs would possibly help

Comment

Was a notice to driver issued at the time? (Windscreen ticket)
      If so, post up a redacted pic of that as well.

Btw, ZZPS are toothless 3rd party debt collectors...you do not need to contact them at all.
      In fact, you can safely ignore any of their bluff & bluster & *additional charges .....we always do!

*As long as the driver hasn't been ID'd.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Have you identified who was driving? Yes or No. If no then edit your post so that the identity cannot be inferred. Use "the driver......" etc

Can you post up the redacted PCN. Leave dates.

photos of the signs would possibly help
        Hi yes in my appeal I said I parked my car there but i can't actually remember if it was me and what proof do they have? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Was a notice to driver issued at the time? (Windscreen ticket)
          If so, post up a redacted pic of that as well.

Btw, ZZPS are toothless 3rd party debt collectors...you do not need to contact them at all.
          In fact, you can safely ignore any of their bluff & bluster & *additional charges .....we always do!

*As long as the driver hasn't been ID'd.
          What happens if the driver has been ID'd? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mapex11 View Post

What happens if the driver has been ID'd? thanks
            It then opens the possibility of a claim via common law breach of contract, rather than via PoFA 2012 (Ie legislation)
            With PoFA, they can transfer liability to the registered keeper; with common law breach, they can't.
            Which way they would go is anyone's guess, so best not to give them a heads-up.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So can you post up a photo of the sign? Is "Causing an obsruction" one of the conditions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X