• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Premier Parking - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Premier Parking - won

My husband parked our car in a managed car park for 20 mins and didn't buy a ticket. He says he didn't see signs (there are signs). The PCN was sent to my brother in law as the registered keeper which we now have. We've yet to respond. We've missed the reduced fee as the notice was sat for ages at my BIL's house which has contractors in. How best to respond? Are there any key phases I should use? The charge seems highly disproportionate to what the ticket would have cost and I understand this isn't a fine per se. Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Premier Parking

images of actual PCN posted
    Attached Files

Comment

So was the PCN addressed to the BIL and he has named the driver? If he has not named the driver then as the keeper he would not have been liable and it is not neccessary to name the driver.

Comment

Yes [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] it was. Driver has not been named.

Comment

If there was no windscreen ticket then if this was the first letter received then it is too late (more than 14 days) to hold the keeper liable. The keeper should write to them pointing out this POFA failure, amongst many, state he is the registered keeper and not driving and they should go away and he does not expect to hear from them again.

They do not seem to be really trying to invoke POFA anyway.

It was the statment "You have been named as the driver" which threw me.

Comment

Ah,.. hang on. If the car is leased, how does that change things. My BIL is the lessee but wasn't the driver

Comment

It does change the timings somewhat. I would think that those timings are within the time allowed, it's in POFA. Don't forget that the BIL is still the keeper, just not the registered keeper.

In a case like this, basically a hire car, then the parking company have additional items to comply with, namely the inclusion of portions of the hire documents with the notice. The details of these are in POFA paragraphs 13 & 14 . Miss the items required and it is not a valid notice to keeper. From these sections you can also work out the timings, though I think they are correct.

Your BIL writes to premier as the keeper stating that he was not the driver at the time of the alleged contravention and they have failed to conform with the requirements of POFA, namely, but not limited to, paragraph 14 and therefore cannot be held liable.

(That's presuming the documents weren't enclosed, normally they are not).

Wait for others to comment.

Comment

No other documents were sent. Thanks.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

Remove paragraph 9 and insert he didn't see the signs in the correct place..

This should be a shoe in when it gets to popla.

M1

Comment

And he is not the registered keeper, only the keeper.

Comment

Reply from appeal:

Re: Parking Charge Notice XXXXX

We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal, on behalf of the driver, appealing against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle.

We note your comments and must refer you to the Protection of Freedoms Act (PoFA) 2012, Schedule 4 - Recovery of unpaid Parking Charges. This is available to view online at:
                      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4

We must therefore request that the details of the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention are supplied; this must include their full name and serviceable UK postal address. If you are unwilling or unable to provide these details the registered keeper of this vehicle will remain liable for this PCN. This information should be provided by 1st May 2017. Please note, Premier Park Limited will not reply to any correspondence until after the above date, if the requested information is not provided.

If we do not receive this information by the date given, the registered keeper of the vehicle at the date of event will be held liable.

If you would like to view our photographic evidence, please visit www.pcnpayments.com

Please respond by return or by filling in the Transfer of Liability form on the reverse of the PCN and posting it to Premier Park, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG.

Comment

I wonder how many people are stupid enough to name the driver ?

Sit tight.

M1

Comment

Obviously not giving driver details. Do I need to request Popla code?

Comment

Not unless the forthcoming rejection doesn't supply one.

M1

Comment

Ah ok. So I'm waiting for an official rejection to my appeal. Got it. Thank you. That'll be mid-May then.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X