• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is it still worth fighting parking tickets after Supreme Court Ruling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it still worth fighting parking tickets after Supreme Court Ruling?

After the recent Supreme Court ruling with regards to the usual "Genuine Pre-Estimate of Loss" argument against private parking tickets, is it still worth fighting them... I know there were some rough figures on estimated success rates (around 50%) before this ruling... Any success figures after? Best route to fight down if it's worth doing?

I've won three cases in the past using genuine per-estimate of loss but now the ruling has been given I'm not sure whether it's worth appealing... this was a case of literally completely forgetting to extend my parking so not much of a leg to stand on I guess... other than the fact that £60 / £100 is an extortionate amount to pay!

Any advice would be great!
    Tags: None

Re: Is it still worth fighting parking tickets after Supreme Court Ruling?

Originally posted by TunX View Post
    After the recent Supreme Court ruling with regards to the usual "Genuine Pre-Estimate of Loss" argument against private parking tickets, is it still worth fighting them... I know there were some rough figures on estimated success rates (around 50%) before this ruling... Any success figures after? Best route to fight down if it's worth doing?

I've won three cases in the past using genuine per-estimate of loss but now the ruling has been given I'm not sure whether it's worth appealing... this was a case of literally completely forgetting to extend my parking so not much of a leg to stand on I guess... other than the fact that £60 / £100 is an extortionate amount to pay!

Any advice would be great!

Harder to win, yes.

Plenty victories at popla still,1/2 at IAS and others have even won in court.

Each case is different and without any info it's impossible to say.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1,

What info do you need to decide what grounds best to appeal on and I'll provide.

Many thanks,

Comment

PCN and signs if you have them would help.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X