• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking at Sports Direct Darlington - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking at Sports Direct Darlington - won

Hi everybody
    can anybody offer any advice on this matter.I parked at the above store for 37 minutes while I purchased a pair of safety shoes there.
    I purchased a ticket but typed in a letter o instead of the number 0.I have appealed this with them ,sent a copy of my ticket,and they are still chasing me for money.
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking at Sports Direct Darlington

If the car park is connected to SPorts Direct then first thing is to go into the shop and ask the MANAGER to get the ticket cancelled.

Have they offered you a further appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      If the car park is connected to SPorts Direct then first thing is to go into the shop and ask the MANAGER to get the ticket cancelled.

Have they offered you a further appeal?
      Yes I have to appeal to POPLA,which I have done.I am going into Sports Direct to complain,but it is a private parking company.I will never shop at Sports Direct again if it isnt sorted out and urge anybody I know to avoid them.

Comment

The manager of the store is your best bet at the moment. The private parking company has to be hired by someone, they don't operate on their own, and that someone can tell them what do do.

I suspect that your POPLA appeal will also fail. Post up your POPLA appeal, with things that can identify you removed.

Did you ask for a copy of their logs of the ticket machine and the ANPR cameras at around the time you were there? What was the reason they gave for the issue of the ticket?

Comment

The manager of the store is your best bet at the moment. The private parking company has to be hired by someone, they don't operate on their own, and that someone can tell them what do do.

I suspect that your POPLA appeal will also fail. Post up your POPLA appeal, with things that can identify you removed.

Did you ask for a copy of their logs of the ticket machine and the ANPR cameras at around the time you were there? What was the reason they gave for the issue of the ticket?
          They are saying that because they have no record of a ticket on their system with my registration I am breaching their terms and conditions.I payed for a ticket,I still have the ticket but the zero in my registration was keyed in as a letter o

Comment

Saying that they have no record of a ticket when your ticket, I presume, shows your registration is not very clever.

Again, did you ask them for an unredacted log from their ticket machine at the time of the alleged incident to take to POPLA?

Here's a link to a POPLA appeal I wrote some time ago, before Beavis. But you can get the idea of what is required. The appeal was successful.

Comment

Saying that they have no record of a ticket when your ticket, I presume, shows your registration is not very clever.

Again, did you ask them for an unredacted log from their ticket machine at the time of the alleged incident to take to POPLA?

Here's a link to a POPLA appeal I wrote some time ago, before Beavis. But you can get the idea of what is required. The appeal was successful.
              Thanks Ostell
              I took your advice spoke to Andy the store manager.He agreed it was unreasonable and sent all the information to the person at Sports Direct that deals with Smart Parking.As soon as I asked for the manager they said Is it about parking,so god knows how many people are getting caught out.A big thanks to Andy and yourself if it all works out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X